First Modifications - what to do and not to do - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on First Modifications - what to do and not to do within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hmm, well Greddy is a very good company so im sure its good quality. I havent seen one without the ...

Hmm, well Greddy is a very good company so im sure its good quality. I havent seen one without the bung though, where do you plug it in cuz it will probably give you a CEL.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was looking for an uppipe founf the invidia up with egt bung. they have a video of what is in the box from rallysportdirect for 05 wrx come with pipe egt and studs. was wondering if anyone has purchsed this item do i need gaskets for this and they say on the video to plug the egt sensore and it wont throw cell but isnt this wrong dont you need to do the egt mod?

I have an invidia up on my 02. I didnt get a CEL after the install, but it has the bung.... now im kicking myself for getting it because im about to go with a new evo3 turbo and want a ewg up pipe combo. The invidia sounds really nice though, perfect growl.
    Chris

so did you plug the egt bung or put the sensor back in? and what does EGT set up i see evryone talking about when you add more hp

Yea i reconnected it, i thought you had to or car wouldnt run right, or would get a CEL.
    Chris

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I thought you weren't supposed to plug the egt back in, and instead plug the bung ( if there is one) with a bolt. Can anyone clarify? I know there was a link posted about this...
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    I thought you weren't supposed to plug the egt back in, and instead plug the bung ( if there is one) with a bolt. Can anyone clarify? I know there was a link posted about this...
    Yeah once you remove the uppipe with the cat in it you no longer have the need for the EGT sensor...usually it is removed to prevent it from breaking down and going into the turbo plus it really serves no purpose anymore.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the EGT is not desirable anymore if you have a catless UP. You can do the cel fix (2.2 KOhm 1/2 watt resistor inserted into the EGT connector) but your engine management will take care of it if you have that.

You can plug the bung with M12x1.25 bolt.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

does anyone have a pic of the ressinoator or how its inserted into plug? i have no em yet still stock but want to remove uppipe for safty reason. not ready for stage 2 yet doing one at a time i guess

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya View Post
    does anyone have a pic of the ressinoator or how its inserted into plug? i have no em yet still stock but want to remove uppipe for safty reason. not ready for stage 2 yet doing one at a time i guess
    2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod

specs

ok so i have a question? is it possible to fit an 05 or 06 sti motor and transmission on to just a regular impreza chasis and body? what are all the specs for all the imprezas?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by beck103 View Post
    ok so i have a question? is it possible to fit an 05 or 06 sti motor and transmission on to just a regular impreza chasis and body? what are all the specs for all the imprezas?
    Many people have swapped them into the older Imprezas (GC) but I don't know exactly for a recent one. Should all fit fine but I would guess you need to swap the full wiring harness and ECU.

Specs -
    Subaru Research Site- specs, prices, options, 2011, 2010, 2009.. Outback, Legacy, Forester, Impreza, Tribeca

ok so the engine sizes are all the same? or would it be possible to stick an 04, 05, or 06 sti engine and everything into an 07 impreza body?

I would have noted in item 1 that an aftermarket uppipe (or P-n-P OEM UP) can be a useful mod for the 2.5L vehicles, when coupled with other upgrades (such as Headers, DP, Protune, and Turbo Intake).

It is not as vital as on the 02-05 WRX's, but there are benefits to replacing the more restrictive OEM piece, especially if your going beyond the typical stage 2 mods.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by beck103 View Post
    ok so the engine sizes are all the same? or would it be possible to stick an 04, 05, or 06 sti engine and everything into an 07 impreza body?
    Better late then never....

The answer is simple: Yes. Doing it is a bit more involved and would take a forum to describe everything... oh wait we have those.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)