First Modifications - what to do and not to do - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Modifications - what to do and not to do within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by CoolGuyRx2 I'm planning on creating a custom system that will be quiet, eliminate drone, and gives fantastic ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuyRx2 View Post
    I'm planning on creating a custom system that will be quiet, eliminate drone, and gives fantastic flow.
    3" piping from the cat, one Racing Beat 3" rotary resonator, and one 3" Rotaflo rear can with a 4" dump...considering splicing in a 3" remote cutout after the resi and before the diff.

All of the remote cutouts I've seen leak profusely.. and the motors tend to burn out repeatedly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is there anything different on the 14wrx that anyone knows? Great thread btw

Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuyRx2 View Post
    I'm planning on creating a custom system that will be quiet, eliminate drone, and gives fantastic flow.
    3" piping from the cat, one Racing Beat 3" rotary resonator, and one 3" Rotaflo rear can with a 4" dump...considering splicing in a 3" remote cutout after the resi and before the diff.

This will work with Stock, Stage 1 or 2 with down pipe. Resonator is about $115 and the rear is around $300..piping, say $80-100. Around the $500 mark with proven flow, muffing, and performance. Similar price as just the muff deletes!

Subi's are already quieter than rotaries on any given day, I have a good feeling....stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    All of the remote cutouts I've seen leak profusely.. and the motors tend to burn out repeatedly.
    I'm currently using a Xforce Varex dual kit. Both mufflers have a butterfly valve allowing a straight through design & with the valve closed the gases are diverted into the muffler chamber before exiting through a hidden port.
    Here's a video demonstration on my WRX - http://youtu.be/X6RkpFnkxr4

Varex has been used on many cars at Powertune Australia. Cars with well over 500hp.

Just wondering if its necessary to get the accessport installed before you put in a a cold air intake? I have the perrin cold air intake. my car is the 2005 wrx 2.0l

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yes, do them both at the same time or the accessport first. Unless cobb has come out with a new map for that intake, your perrin intake will not work with the maps you download from Cobb's website (OTS maps), you will need a custom tune or risk potential problems with the OTS maps. Read the "map notes" to determine what intake systems they support.

Looking for some advice. I'm a first time subbie owner with a 2010 sti. Current mods include:
    Cobb intake, downpipe, and AP at stage 2
    Kartboy short shift and front/rear shift bushings
    Cusco front tower bar

In mail is a kartboy pitch stop and cusco rear tower bar, with quick release bolts

Next pieces I'm going to be putting in are:
    Eibach lowering springs (1") with 25mm front and 22mm rear sways
    Kartboy front and rear endlinks
    Beatrush engine and tranny mounts
    Process west tmic

And looking at possibly a mishimoto rad fan setup.
    Also, is a carbon fiber drive shaft really worth it?

This is a progressive build and I've had the car for about 7 months now. I loved it. And now love it more. I have been doing all the work myself, even if some of it is new to me. I plan on doing as much as i can by myself unless necessary due to extreme difficulty or time required (i work usually 6 days a week.) I planned it to be a dd with occasional autox, but I'm not afraid of a "non cushy ride".

So. Comments on current mods and planned mods. Advice on anything i may have over looked. Right now, i plan on working on suspension stuff but thinking i would like a bit more power down the road, as it wont take me long to get use to cobb ap stage 2.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Glad i joined, reminds me a bit of the old forum i was in. I use to have an s12 (aka 84-88 200sx)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smartell84 View Post
    Looking for some advice. I'm a first time subbie owner with a 2010 sti. Current mods include:
    Cobb intake, downpipe, and AP at stage 2
    Kartboy short shift and front/rear shift bushings
    Cusco front tower bar

In mail is a kartboy pitch stop and cusco rear tower bar, with quick release bolts

Next pieces I'm going to be putting in are:
    Eibach lowering springs (1") with 25mm front and 22mm rear sways
    Kartboy front and rear endlinks
    Beatrush engine and tranny mounts
    Process west tmic

And looking at possibly a mishimoto rad fan setup.
    Also, is a carbon fiber drive shaft really worth it?

This is a progressive build and I've had the car for about 7 months now. I loved it. And now love it more. I have been doing all the work myself, even if some of it is new to me. I plan on doing as much as i can by myself unless necessary due to extreme difficulty or time required (i work usually 6 days a week.) I planned it to be a dd with occasional autox, but I'm not afraid of a "non cushy ride".

So. Comments on current mods and planned mods. Advice on anything i may have over looked. Right now, i plan on working on suspension stuff but thinking i would like a bit more power down the road, as it wont take me long to get use to cobb ap stage 2.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Glad i joined, reminds me a bit of the old forum i was in. I use to have an s12 (aka 84-88 200sx)
    Skip the lowering springs and go with RCE black springs. Steering rack bushings, shifter pivot bushings (I thought this made a much bigger difference with the slop - side to side - and it's very cheap - Turn in Concepts), rear diff inserts, SS brake lines/fluid wash, better tires (I'm partial to michelin pilot super sports), and custom alignment (I maxed the front and rear camber).

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubDub! Go with what 11blackSTi said, I've only ever heard good things about RCE

Thanks for the info, I'll look into them. Some of what you listed i was looking into but was unsure of the real difference it made. Annnnnd i already have the tires.

So, did some reading and decided on the RCE yellows. Also, some RCE sways afterwards. Thanks for the info.

I Support ClubWRX
    So, did some reading and decided on the RCE yellows. Also, some RCE sways afterwards. Thanks for the info.
    Welcome, come back and tell us how they work out.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    front and back or just back?
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Getting both front and rear. 0.6" drop in height for both front and rear. 330lb and 335lb are the front/rear spring rates.
    I was hoping to drop it a little lower but I'll deal for those spring rates.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Getting both front and rear. 0.6" drop in height for both front and rear. 330lb and 335lb are the front/rear spring rates.
    I was hoping to drop it a little lower but I'll deal for those spring rates.
    solid dude solid!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Looking for some advice I'm new here just recently purchased 2015 wrx, I'm looking into giving it some more power & torque , I've recently got a custom exhaust done.

Some stuff I want to get is coilovers I was debating between tein mono sports and fortune auto wasn't sure which ones are better. And upgrade my tires/wheels to some 18x9.5 wasn't sure what size tires

Also was thinking about getting AP and probably getting an etune from brentuning, I know he has a etune for stock wrx to give a little push.

Any advice guys?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.