First Modifications - what to do and not to do - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Modifications - what to do and not to do within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; MAIL DAY!...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	138721
    MAIL DAY!
    Stitch Jones aka Mr Bakalava
    2013 PBP WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Will an exhaust tune be beneficial to my 03 wax sedan?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yes, you won't see any gain in power without it. Make sure you read up on tuning so you know which method best suits our needs.

Okay I wanna get more out of my stock turbo is that possible or will I have to get a stronger turbo?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Depends on the power goal. I really like the tdo4. Lots of midrange power, good for the streets and good for autocross. It runs out of breathe quickly though if you're going for more top end power.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 04-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.

I drove a wrx with an sti engine and when I hit 45 rpm it sent me back in me seat and I wanna get something like that done for cheap but done right. Would the tdo4 do that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanSarazen View Post
    I drove a wrx with an sti engine and when I hit 45 rpm it sent me back in me seat and I wanna get something like that done for cheap but done right. Would the tdo4 do that for me?

what year? what turbo did it have? supporting mods? how was it tuned? what gear were you in?

sounds like you're looking for more torque, which the tune can be catered to

Hello, planning to do a muffler delete soon, how much should it cost? What I am going to ask them to do is unbolt the flangs and remove both my muffler and have them bend me a 2.5" stainless steel pipe and weld some flangs on the end and bolt it on. How much should I being paying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Hernandez View Post
    Hello, planning to do a muffler delete soon, how much should it cost? What I am going to ask them to do is unbolt the flangs and remove both my muffler and have them bend me a 2.5" stainless steel pipe and weld some flangs on the end and bolt it on. How much should I being paying?
    I'd call around a few local shops and tell them exactly what u told us here, and see what they quote u, then go from there.

Thank you wrxnguyen. Didnt think id get a response. like the color, I just got my 2014 wrx sedan satin pearl white. For anyone wondering about doing a muffler delete, it sounds amazing and was not expensive appose to getting a muffler, resnantor, headers. My method required no cutting of the stock pipe. They unbolted the stock and bolted back on the newly bent pipes with flanges. Cost: 135$ 35 for parts the rest labor. You can probably ask around for a cheaper price on labor. This does not include tips. Shopping around for some tips at the moment.

What do you guys think about the burned blue titanium tips? Out of style?

Thank you wrxnguyen. Didnt think id get a response. like the color, I just got my 2014 wrx sedan satin pearl white. For anyone wondering about doing a muffler delete, it sounds amazing and was not expensive appose to getting a muffler, resnantor, headers. My method required no cutting of the stock pipe. They unbolted the stock and bolted back on the newly bent pipes with flanges. Cost: 135$ 35 for parts the rest labor. You can probably ask around for a cheaper price on labor. This does not include tips. Shopping around for some tips at the moment.

What do you guys think about the burned blue titanium tips? Out of style?

I'm planning on creating a custom system that will be quiet, eliminate drone, and gives fantastic flow.
    3" piping from the cat, one Racing Beat 3" rotary resonator, and one 3" Rotaflo rear can with a 4" dump...considering splicing in a 3" remote cutout after the resi and before the diff.

This will work with Stock, Stage 1 or 2 with down pipe. Resonator is about $115 and the rear is around $300..piping, say $80-100. Around the $500 mark with proven flow, muffing, and performance. Similar price as just the muff deletes!

Subi's are already quieter than rotaries on any given day, I have a good feeling....stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by goscha7452 View Post
    I just bought my first WRX right off the showroom floor. Having previously been a VW/Audi guy it's all new to me.

Initially, when buying a new GTI the first thing on the list is an ECU flash to liven up the motor a bit. With that said, I have a question for the Accessport users. How noticeable is the difference on a stage 1 map?

I realize someone has likely given feedback somewhere in this thread but searching through scores of pages isn't something I'm going to do. At least I didn't ask how to determine wheel/tire fitment. I'm not new to forums at all so let's keep the flaming to a minimum...
    I'm in the exact same boat. I've previously owned 2 GTI's and after I broke both cars in I had them chipped. In that community, that's step #1 and right off you get great gains.

My question is slightly different though. To the OP, your information is fantastic but you specify model years from many years ago. Can you or someone else provide an update for the new 2.0L engine in the '15 WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat. I've previously owned 2 GTI's and after I broke both cars in I had them chipped. In that community, that's step #1 and right off you get great gains.

My question is slightly different though. To the OP, your information is fantastic but you specify model years from many years ago. Can you or someone else provide an update for the new 2.0L engine in the '15 WRX?
    Not much out there yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Excellent thread! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk