First Modifications - what to do and not to do - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Modifications - what to do and not to do within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My question is is the Cobb replacement airbox worth getting along with the intake? From a performance and functionality standpoint, ...

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    My question is is the Cobb replacement airbox worth getting along with the intake?
    From a performance and functionality standpoint, I would say no, it's not worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    From a performance and functionality standpoint, I would say no, it's not worth it.
    I didn't think it would. Just wanted confirmation.
    Stitch Jones aka Mr Bakalava
    2013 PBP WRX

Hey guys!

I Just bought a subaru impreza GT 1997. I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out.
    I would like to modded it but slightly. I do know my ecu cannot be written tuned because it is an older one. All i know previous owner did something to the exhaust made a front mount intercooler and a BOV. Hope you can Tell me some mods thank you!

I Support ClubWRX
    Check with scoobymods instead.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info in this thread guys. Coming from a bolted MS3 the mod path is very different. The fact that an intake doesn't do much is what really hit me considering I had an intake 1" wider at the MAF than stock and saw CONSIDERABLE gains with a tune. Anyways, I'm going to keep reading and stick to mounts and bushings for now in order to plan a proper plan of attack for power goals. Most likely Invidia catted DP followed by...an e-tune i suppose.

BTW picking up my '14 WRX Hatch next weekend.

I just bought my first WRX right off the showroom floor. Having previously been a VW/Audi guy it's all new to me.

Initially, when buying a new GTI the first thing on the list is an ECU flash to liven up the motor a bit. With that said, I have a question for the Accessport users. How noticeable is the difference on a stage 1 map?

I realize someone has likely given feedback somewhere in this thread but searching through scores of pages isn't something I'm going to do. At least I didn't ask how to determine wheel/tire fitment. I'm not new to forums at all so let's keep the flaming to a minimum...

I noticed a difference with stage one. I purchased it because I plan on making changes at a slow pace so the ap was a good choice for me. Make sure you do your break in period before mods though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
    I noticed a difference with stage one. I purchased it because I plan on making changes at a slow pace so the ap was a good choice for me. Make sure you do your break in period before mods though.

Absolutely. She'll at least see a few oil changes before she sees 4500 RPM.

A friend of mine is parting out his 07 STI and offered to sell me his aftermarket downpipe that's only been gently used. I have a 13 WRX. The downpipes looks the same. My question is, are they in fact interchangeable?
    2013 PBP WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_ringer View Post
    A friend of mine is parting out his 07 STI and offered to sell me his aftermarket downpipe that's only been gently used. I have a 13 WRX. The downpipes looks the same. My question is, are they in fact interchangeable?
    I don't know - you might find it in the exhaust faq here or nasioc or you might get a quicker reply if you start a thread. Matt may be able to help if he pops in.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Nope
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Nope. Won't fit.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nope. Won't fit.
    Thanks. Got the same answer in another thread. Bit the bullet and bought one brand new, car specific with new gaskets and some wrap. I don't know why I didn't just do that first. It wasn't really that expensive.
    2013 PBP WRX