First Modifications - what to do and not to do - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Modifications - what to do and not to do within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes, for fuel rails you must get tuned (or get a wideband and fix it yourself)....

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, for fuel rails you must get tuned (or get a wideband and fix it yourself).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It does but not for running Sti pink injectors too. My main concern was the aftermarket intercooler because they have different maps for stock wrx tmic and the sti tmic.

Ah was not aware he had the rails. The TMIC is the least of your worries with an OTS map from Cobb then. You will need that protune ASAP.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Your intercooler exceeds the requirement. STi intercoolers are a rather marginal upgrade. Most of the brand names do much better. You may see a touch of extra boost as it may have less pressure drop.

If you have a Cobb v1, use the cable and romraider to see how it is doing. If you have a v2, you can log directly to the Cobb.

Datalogging with Romraider:

If I buy an uppipe and downpipe without tuning it, will I have engine problems? (check engine light)

Most likely

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyyAK View Post
    If I buy an uppipe and downpipe without tuning it, will I have engine problems? (check engine light)
    With a 2005 you will have serious engine issues, not just a light. You can only do the UP without a tune.

reading through this, tons of great info for n00bs. glad I found it.

any info on 08-13s. I have a 13 and was looking at getting an UP and DP first. Been looking at invidia and Cobb but not sure if there are better ones out there for a reasonable price. Links to exact parts would be awesome. New to Subarus, came from a 392 challenger.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
    any info on 08-13s. I have a 13 and was looking at getting an UP and DP first. Been looking at invidia and Cobb but not sure if there are better ones out there for a reasonable price. Links to exact parts would be awesome. New to Subarus, came from a 392 challenger.
    you wouldnt need an aftermarket uppipe because 06+ wrx's are already catless

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX

Invidia is probably the most often recommended.

As far as links, stuff moves around on the internet way too fast to keep that updated - I'd recommend that you contact one of the site vendors.

Start your own thread and introduce yourself. More people will see it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Hey all! Noob here. I'm a die hard Rotary guy at heart but just got some new shoes....2013 WRX limited, and I love it! After reading the threads, I see I basically gotta leave this car alone, tuning wise, or it's not worth the $$. Got a couple easy questions tho...if anyone would be so kind....
    1. Will a Greddy Type-R bov work if recirculated without the backfire, rich issues? Got one sittin on the shelf collecting dust and just curious.
    2. On a stock motor, will a boost controller do anything to improve response? On other turbo cars I've had, the controller improved the response of the wastegate and seemed to hit a little harder, even on stock turbos with internal gates...
    ...everything else sits just fine with me...ride, power, handing....gotta love these Rexxies!
    Peace...n Happy New Year to all

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuyRx2 View Post
    Hey all! Noob here. I'm a die hard Rotary guy at heart but just got some new shoes....2013 WRX limited, and I love it! After reading the threads, I see I basically gotta leave this car alone, tuning wise, or it's not worth the $$. Got a couple easy questions tho...if anyone would be so kind....
    1. Will a Greddy Type-R bov work if recirculated without the backfire, rich issues? Got one sittin on the shelf collecting dust and just curious.
    2. On a stock motor, will a boost controller do anything to improve response? On other turbo cars I've had, the controller improved the response of the wastegate and seemed to hit a little harder, even on stock turbos with internal gates...
    ...everything else sits just fine with me...ride, power, handing....gotta love these Rexxies!
    Peace...n Happy New Year to all
    Hi and welcome to the club. If you'd like to post some pics and introduce yourself check ou the new member hangout forum.

1) The BOV will not cause any issues if it is 100% recirculating (you need the recurculation fitting I think for that model) and you get it adjusted correctly.

2) A boost controller will enhance your response but it will have to be tuned (for sure!). You will lose the ECU's ability to pull boost if conditions warrant (e.g. crappy gas). The best setup is a hybrid system with a MBC and a 3 port boost solenoid.

new hybrid mbc/ebc method of boost control - NASIOC

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Good info!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!