Subaru WRX Forum banner

GrimmSpeed AOS

20K views 89 replies 13 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 ·
Thoughts?

GrimmSpeed AOS

Nasioc has a group buy going for $199 + $10 shipping, so i'm curious of the experts opinions.

#5 ·
Copied from Prova's. :tongue:

RallySportDirect.com - Prova Subaru Air Oil Separator

Well I wouldn't spend $300 on it either. But the group buy is $210, which is still a little pricey for a fancy catch can. But I'm liking the idea/design.
Ya, $200 is better and should be normal price in my opinion, but not like what I think matters. Ha. I just think it's nifty in how it knocks out the needs for 2 separate units.

#4 ·
Well I wouldn't spend $300 on it either. But the group buy is $210, which is still a little pricey for a fancy catch can. But I'm liking the idea/design.

#10 ·
That is a good read. Some very good questions, I'm interested to see if GrimmSpeed can satisfy the critics. But I know nothing of the Crawford AOS, so i'll have to do some more research.

#11 ·
I dislike everything crawford thats why i didn't get theirs. Plus I like my PCV valve the way its supposed to be.

#14 ·
For the guys saying its a knock off of a prova, it definitely is not. Yes it may look similiar, but from a functionality stand point, it is a bit more advanced. Our allows you to vent both the heads AND the crank(not just heads like the competition). Also we have a very meety section of baffling in the middle of our AOS where as the compeition doesnt have any at all. Also, ours allows you to maintain your oem pcv valve which is a huge bonus.

And as far as price, we are way under the competition. So for more features and a lower price...well you make the decision.

#15 ·
Sorry, the "knock off" comment was meant in jest. It is obvious by looking at the product and reading the description that it is more advanced/has more features. And I was unaware of the $400+ price tag of the prova, so by comparison, your product is very well priced.

No insults were meant, I'm a fan of GS products, you guys were great with me when a bought a DP and ran into fitment issues. Just trying to understand the product. :)

#30 ·
Our allows you to vent both the heads AND the crank(not just heads like the competition).
I just got my prova the other night and installed it so the crank case and heads work. You just gota ditch the prova instructions and make your own setup. I am kinda kicking myself for not sending back the prova and getting yours, but another month before I'd get it is too long for me. Also I was able to keep the look a tad cleaner without the hose from the crankcase being seen.

But still grimmspeed products have my <3

#22 ·
So you decided to give it a try eh? I'm still back and forth on it.

Any particular reason why you decided to jump on the deal?

#23 ·
I've been mulling over catch cans for years. Some are just plain awful. The idea of what they do is very appealing - should have been an OEM system.

This looks like one of the best thought out, most innovative systems out there. The relatively clean install and layout sold me. GrimmSpeed also builds good stuff. Why didn't they think of this five years ago?

#24 ·
Agreed 100%, I'm interested to see some customer reviews before I buy one. So make sure you let me know what you think when they ship...in over a month. :rotfl: I may end up going the two catch can route for this summer, but we'll see how the GS unit works out.

#26 ·
Yeah, this is pretty tempting I must say. I read the thread Jeremy linked and while it would have been nice to have it cleared up a little more I wasn't really put off by anything they came up with.

#27 ·
I hear ya. I won't have the proper time to install any new parts till spring time anyway, so I'm in no hurry either.

#33 ·
Hey justin i had a question. I saw a diagram on the other forum that showed the crankcase still connected to the pcv line, then it goes to the seperator. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the seperator? Can't the pcv just suck in the oil/blowby from the crankcase before it actually gets to the seperator?

#40 ·
LOL, charitable group they have over there - they couldn't challenge my bid so did the next best thing and mocked me :rotfl:

"What was your bid again? $300 and a BJ for everyone on the list, right?"

#49 ·
Looks great Bill, nice and clean (the install and the bay). :cool:

Let us know how it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.