Need Some Advice
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need Some Advice within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i have a 2004 sti, I want to go stage 2. currant performance mods; mods HKS HighPower CB, ...

Need Some Advice

Hey guys i have a 2004 sti, I want to go stage 2. currant performance mods; mods HKS HighPower CB, KnN drop in filter. other mods dont change anything with motor.(oil temp. oil pres. n boost gauges, coilover kit, brake upgrade.) i have these parts non-installed, HKS EVC, HKS Super AFR, HKS catless DownPipe, cat delete sensor, light weight crank pulley. So my question is, what would you guys do? use the evc/afr set up which is free, or wait n buy an AP V2?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do not install the following parts (get rid of them):
    HKS EVC, HKS Super AFR, HKS catless DownPipe

Buy a better downpipe, then get tuned.

Whats so bad about the hks dp?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's a flat plate design (a flat piece of metal blocks off the wastegate) and is thus restrictive. Less power and potential for boost creep.

yeah i just bought the hks one cuz it was on sale for about 150 shipped. n i really wanted the perrin divorced wastegate but i dont have 450 to spend on a dp plus 700 for the ap. i was tryin to get to stage 2 for hopin 150 haha since i have the evc n afr. thought that would be good. had the evc n afr hooked up to a 05 sti. my uncles (who i talked into getting the sti) n he did all the work but now with diff. tech. i wanted to know the best route n safest for my engine. u recommend saving for anothe like yr haha n spend the 1200 on ap v2 n new dp?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Some sale, the normally sell for $150 shipped.

An AP + downpipe will not cost $1,200. You don't need a $500 downpipe and you don't need a $700 Accessport. And I'd go ahead and remove the EVC and Super AFR. Today or tomorrow.

really, wow f**k me. the pipe was 142 n shipped came to like 150.82 or something. i went with the plate design because i read it was fine for factory turbos. n bellmouth was more for aftermarket turbos. i really wanted to go bellmouth cuz i understand the concept of more flow. but read it was fine to not have with the factory turbo. the afr n evc r in a box lol. so for the future, if i dont use the ap right away n decide to get a tune which i heard is like 250 n hr. (cheaper then ap) u recomend taking the car to the tuner on a trailer? im not going to pay them to put in the dp n tune it.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just to put it out there, an Invidia catless bellmouth downpipe can usually be found for around $300 shipped or less, and it's going to be better quality than that overpriced Perrin you're looking at. I have the HKS downpipe on my own WRX and I can attest to its lameness.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

ok so i should set up to return the hks dp n go for the other dp.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLWHEELDREAMS View Post
    ok so i should set up to return the hks dp n go for the other dp.
    Yeah, I would. If you need any more advice, please check out the "Power Mod Path" blogs I wrote up here:

Technical Discussion | World One Performance Blog
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

So $254 for the invidia catless bellmouth from modern auto. ? anyone know of a better price? thanks guys if had seen this i would have paid the extra 100 first time

So $254 for the invidia catless bellmouth from modern auto. ? anyone know of a better price? thanks guys if had seen this i would have paid the extra 100 first time
    Import Image Racing: Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe (non polished) for 02+ wrx and 04+ sti

thanks c2bcoolwrx, i can afford that. now just to figure out the fastest way to get a tune haha . thanks to all for the help.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    thanks c2bcoolwrx, i can afford that. now just to figure out the fastest way to get a tune haha . thanks to all for the help.
    OPENSOURCE TUNING: Your questions answered here!!! RomRaider + Tactrix
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

thanks mycologist ill look into this, but me a comp n my car? idk it may start running on 2 cyl. when im dun haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.