Installing a Boost Gauge in 02 WRX

This is a discussion on Installing a Boost Gauge in 02 WRX within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Prob the wrong forum, feel free to move it if needed. I have a glowshift boost/vac gauge that i would ...

Installing a Boost Gauge in 02 WRX

Prob the wrong forum, feel free to move it if needed. I have a glowshift boost/vac gauge that i would like to install in my girlfriends 02 WRX. I assume i can just tap and "T" off a vac line comming from the manifold correct? I know what to do with the (+)(-) wires. Also where is the best place to run the tube to the cabin?
    2009 White Cobalt SS Coupe Turbocharged
    1 of 118 White Cobalt SS Turbo Coupes Ever Produced!
    Dyno: 293WHP 334WTQ SMG HPTuned!

GF's Car - 2002 Subaru WRX (Stock..for now)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    There is a circular 1-inch hole abour 6 inches above the brake pedal. It usually has a foam/carpet plug over the top of it.... and then a rubber grommet sealing it. Don't remove the grommet... drill through it, and then run your tubing.

Splice the T-fitting into the small line (3/8, maybe 1/2 external diameter) coming off the side of the factory BPV.

And then sell the Glowshift gauge.

There are plenty of budget-minded gauges out there that won't cost you much but will be MUCH better quality.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    There is a circular 1-inch hole abour 6 inches above the brake pedal. It usually has a foam/carpet plug over the top of it.... and then a rubber grommet sealing it. Don't remove the grommet... drill through it, and then run your tubing.

Splice the T-fitting into the small line (3/8, maybe 1/2 external diameter) coming off the side of the factory BPV.

And then sell the Glowshift gauge.

There are plenty of budget-minded gauges out there that won't cost you much but will be MUCH better quality.
    Thank you for your help. I really dont need a decent gauge tho. Its my girlfriends car and she could care less honestly..haha. The gauge was free and read perfectly in my boosted 2.2 cobalt. I have no worries. More for looks none the less anyways.
    2009 White Cobalt SS Coupe Turbocharged
    1 of 118 White Cobalt SS Turbo Coupes Ever Produced!
    Dyno: 293WHP 334WTQ SMG HPTuned!

GF's Car - 2002 Subaru WRX (Stock..for now)

ive been told glow shift gauges use the same motors as delfis. so i dont see whats so bad about glow shift gaugues. oh wait..they dont cost an arm or a leg to own one. so that makes them ****ty.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Digital View Post
    ive been told glow shift gauges use the same motors as delfis. so i dont see whats so bad about glow shift gaugues. oh wait..they dont cost an arm or a leg to own one. so that makes them ****ty.

More like, they don't work, break often, are inaccurate when they are working, etc. It's not about cost, it's about whether or not it actually works.