What does the 09 WRX need to get into the 11's?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on What does the 09 WRX need to get into the 11's? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering since I may buy one, actually even low to mid 12's would be cool. Does just a tune ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    1,071

    What does the 09 WRX need to get into the 11's?

    Just wondering since I may buy one, actually even low to mid 12's would be cool. Does just a tune for these do a lot like with the Evo X? What other upgrades would be needed?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    1,071
    oh, I think I posted in the wrong area... is there a modding area or anything on here?

  4. #3
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,935
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just moved your post into the engine mod forum. I'll let people with more knowledge than I guide you on getting into the 11's...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    FP Green or larger (rotated preferred), injectors, fuel pump, TBE, intercooler, engine management, intake, stronger engine mounts, suspension + brake work, and forged pistons.

    And worry about your transmission.

    Mid-low 12s, drop the FP Green and forged pistons and add an 18-20G.

    Of course there are the various small parts, but those are the main components needed.
    Last edited by brfatal; 10-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.

  6. #5
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,591
    I Support ClubWRX
    Lots and lots of money

  7. #6
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Lots and lots of money
    No... just remove the interior and most of the body, and you'll be pretty close.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    FP Green or larger (rotated preferred), injectors, fuel pump, TBE, intercooler, engine management, intake, stronger engine mounts, suspension + brake work, and forged pistons.

    And worry about your transmission.

    Mid-low 12s, drop the FP Green and forged pistons and add an 18-20G.

    Of course there are the various small parts, but those are the main components needed.
    It's a boosted engine and there isn't already forged parts in it?

  9. #8
    Boost > NA itWRXjustfine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Riley
    Posts
    809
    ^^No, forged internals are not a prerequisite to a forced induction engine as much as low compression is.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

    My 2006 Build

  10. #9
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    It's a boosted engine and there isn't already forged parts in it?
    There is a reason race cars usually cost more than 25k.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by itWRXjustfine View Post
    ^^No, forged internals are not a prerequisite to a forced induction engine as much as low compression is.
    well yeah, I know the lower compression is best for that, I just would have thought there would have have been forged internals in it already.

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    well yeah, I know the lower compression is best for that, I just would have thought there would have have been forged internals in it already.
    It does. Rods and crank. But not pistons.

  13. #12
    Registered User c2bcoolwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SFLA
    Posts
    1,667
    Everyone forgot the most important things:

    1) A good driver
    2) A good 60ft time
    3) See #1.

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    Everyone forgot the most important things:

    1) A good driver
    2) A good 60ft time
    3) See #1.
    well yeah of course, but you still have to have the equipment to be able to get you there.

    How about the STI's? Do they have all forged internals or is that motor exactly like the WRX?

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    well yeah of course, but you still have to have the equipment to be able to get you there.

    How about the STI's? Do they have all forged internals or is that motor exactly like the WRX?

    No, the STI has the same forged parts that the WRX has and similar hypereutectic cast pistons.

  16. #15
    Registered User FUJIcar87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Hood Texas
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    well yeah, I know the lower compression is best for that, I just would have thought there would have have been forged internals in it already.
    you drop your compression too low the car will accelerate like a dog.
    Its about finding the happy median.
    Too much compression will cut back on how much boost you can have, too low would result in a dog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •