04 WRX wont start after a perrin pulley install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 WRX wont start after a perrin pulley install within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The engine turns over but wont crank up,I think its not sparking but everything seems to be in order.Checked the ...

04 WRX wont start after a perrin pulley install

The engine turns over but wont crank up,I think its not sparking but everything seems to be in order.Checked the coilpacks and they all returned positive results,alternator good,brand new battery good,starter good, sensors and ecu good,fuel pump kicks on so WTF am i missing,the car ran when i parked it and after the install will not start up.....Is it a possibility the injectors are clogged? There is a little backfire when trying to crank it up every now and then nothing big though.Any help out there so i can get our vehicle back up? Would the crank pulley be possibly too light causing the rotational mass to throw off the crankshaft sensor?I could be way out there but we trouble shot just about everything and im going nuts cause its my only vehicle to get to work and its been down for about a week because of this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you try putting the stock crank pulley back on and see if it starts then?
    If so, then there is
    a: either a problem with the Perrin LW crank pulley
    b: a problem with your installation

If the car does not start with the stock crank pulley back on, then clearly you can eliminate the Perrin crank pulley as the problem.
    Are you getting any CEL's or anything?

NO cel,i was thinking the same thing bout switching them back out to see what that does.

Me thinks the pulley is an unrelated issue, unless you really bungled something during the install.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    Did you try putting the stock crank pulley back on and see if it starts then?
    If so, then there is
    a: either a problem with the Perrin LW crank pulley
    b: a problem with your installation

If the car does not start with the stock crank pulley back on, then clearly you can eliminate the Perrin crank pulley as the problem.
    Are you getting any CEL's or anything?
    it is possible the new pulley is either to light for the engine or is not correctly balanced but goin out on a limb here ill say to light so try putting the old one back on

Quote Originally Posted by jrswrx69 View Post
    it is possible the new pulley is either to light for the engine or is not correctly balanced but goin out on a limb here ill say to light so try putting the old one back on
    The crank pully is not known to cause misfire issues like a lightweight flywheel can.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds like you unplugged or damaged a plug/sensor during the install. Check your crank sensor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.