Need Help - LOW BOOST - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Need Help - LOW BOOST within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk I was able to remove the vacuum line going to the wastegate actuator, but how are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
    I was able to remove the vacuum line going to the wastegate actuator, but how are you supposed to remove the one going to the turbo inlet? and I tried connectiong the test mode connectors and switching the key to the on position but I didn't hear the solenoid clicking and wasn't able to blow through the vacuum line. My car still hits target boost 13.5 psi but there is a lot of flutter at low boost partial throttle basically whenever the solenoid is modulating.
    you would have to take the bolts off, that hold the bcs in. i had to take it completely off to change it out. if you're hitting target boost, then i'm guessing it's something else, but it wouldn't hurt to spray some cleaner into the other end. this chart was very helpful for me - HELP! Boost not hitting... - NASIOC

i spent about a month, just searching forums, trying to figure my problem out....before i spent any money. so just keep asking around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"My car still hits target boost 13.5 psi but there is a lot of flutter at low boost partial throttle basically whenever the
    solenoid is modulating"

I agree, if you can the target boost, something is a bit odd.

Interesting - is the flutter if you keep at a constant rpm, or during acceleration or during deceleration? By flutter do you mean the wastegate flutter or like compressor surge?
    Hawkeye - 808
    2006 WRB Wagon
    mod list http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2188188-post359.html - hopefully.

Well 2 months later & still low boost.

I am out of options - I have returned the car pretty much back to stock - stock air box reinstalled, Stock blow off value reinstalled, reset ecu (running stock map, too), tried another '06 WRX BCS, & today the bigger of it - swapped turbos w/ a used '06 turbo & the same deal!!!

It really sucks - does anyone have any ideas - PLEASE

well the flutter sounds like the metal wastegate flapper hitting the wastegate rappidly. This kinda happens while keeping the rpms constant but only at low rpms, if I keep the rpms constant at like 4k I don't hear the flutter, but mainly you can really hear it when stepping on the throttle when the load on the engine increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    "My car still hits target boost 13.5 psi but there is a lot of flutter at low boost partial throttle basically whenever the
    solenoid is modulating"

I agree, if you can the target boost, something is a bit odd.

Interesting - is the flutter if you keep at a constant rpm, or during acceleration or during deceleration? By flutter do you mean the wastegate flutter or like compressor surge?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycracker View Post
    Well 2 months later & still low boost.

I am out of options - I have returned the car pretty much back to stock - stock air box reinstalled, Stock blow off value reinstalled, reset ecu (running stock map, too), tried another '06 WRX BCS, & today the bigger of it - swapped turbos w/ a used '06 turbo & the same deal!!!

It really sucks - does anyone have any ideas - PLEASE
    I said this months ago. With out data logs or the ability to read the DAM/IAM its not going to be easy to diagnose this over the internet. Take the car and have it professionally looked at. Swapping parts generally is the expensive and time consuming way to fix things.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I said this months ago. With out data logs or the ability to read the DAM/IAM its not going to be easy to diagnose this over the internet. Take the car and have it professionally looked at. Swapping parts generally is the expensive and time consuming way to fix things.
    suggestions on a good shop & some place that won't rape me on the price.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycracker
    suggestions on a good shop & some place that won't rape me on the price.
    Agile Automotive Performance - Tuning, Fabrication, and Parts
    IAG Performance - Subaru Performance Parts & Service. IAG Home - www.iagperformance.com
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123