I have read a lot of information out there on this code. NASIOC, here, IWSTI, etc, and was up till 3am trying to figure this out one. The checklist I followed today is:
• “Charcoal canister” wires rear passenger wheel well
- there are so many wires/hoses I'm not sure what to look for here? They all look OK and as intact as they could be maybe? Some are gunky and dirty as hell, but nothing looks melted or whatever? Does anyone have a picture of what to look for in this area specifically? Perhaps a picture of the wires/hoses that were melted or something?
• Gas cap
- feels just like it always has, I guess. I tighten it down and try to wiggle it a bit to check the tightness, and it wiggles a little bit but I figure it's always done that. It's just the top part that wiggles, and the seal seems OK...
• Rubber gasket seal
- bought one from SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! last night because I figured this really might be the main problem. I recently just installed a Walbro fuel pump and a new fuel filter on my car (05 WRX) because I just hit 60k. I didn't get the rubber gasket because I was El Cheapo and I might just be paying for it now. Today I took off the cover again though, unscrewed the top, and pulled up on the little rubber plugs on the gasket to try to seat it down better this time and then tightened everything down again.
• Plug in the green d-check connectors and make sure it is clicking
- not sure what is being referred to here?
• Also check all the EVAP hoses that connect to the canister purge valve under the intake manifold and make sure none of them have popped off, specifically the blue vacuum tee behind the alternator
- I'm guessing the canister purge valve is for pre-2005 owners with the fuel filter under the hood as opposed to what I'm dealing with - my filter is in the tank with the pump. I did check that the blue vacuum T fitting was fine as well as many other hoses/lines.
Suggestions? I reset my ECU just now, and we'll see how long it takes for the code to show up again. Hopefully my gasket will come in the mail shortly.
I am getting a pretty strong fuel type smell in the car, and I'm going through a lot of gas it seems.
Talk to me guys.