mbc not workin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on mbc not workin within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; alright got a hallman pro manual boost control hooked it up cause i wanted to jump up a few psi. ...

mbc not workin

alright got a hallman pro manual boost control hooked it up cause i wanted to jump up a few psi. well its all installed and at w.o.t my car wont hit more than 9 pounds of boost. stock it was hittin like 14 no matter how i adjust it im only hittin like 9 pounds. any help
    o4 wrx cobb stage2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well then, I would guess it's installed in the wrong place/wrong way...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should investigate the notion that you can increase your power much more and more safely without a MBC by getting a catted downpipe and getting a basic tune. If you can't afford a DP, get a stage I map and an opensource cable for $200 after you put all the stuff you messed with for the MBC back to stock.

MBC on an 04 is a bad idea, and you don't "jump" up psi - you earn them by increasing fuel etc. Just friendly advise to try to help. Please read some stickeys at the top of the forums.

Are you the original owner or do you know if everything is stock?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by rvpwrx31 View Post
    alright got a hallman pro manual boost control hooked it up cause i wanted to jump up a few psi. well its all installed and at w.o.t my car wont hit more than 9 pounds of boost. stock it was hittin like 14 no matter how i adjust it im only hittin like 9 pounds. any help
    MBC= no no for 04-up subarus.
    The reason you are hitting no more than 9lbs is because you have no restrictor pill, which was removed along with the stock boost control solenoid, and are boosting wastegate pressure.

You definitely installed it wrong. Either way, you shouldn't raise the boost without tuning the car. You are going to end up running lean and possibly do damage to your motor/turbo.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    You should investigate the notion that you can increase your power much more and more safely without a MBC by getting a catted downpipe and getting a basic tune. If you can't afford a DP, get a stage I map and an opensource cable for $200 after you put all the stuff you messed with for the MBC back to stock.

MBC on an 04 is a bad idea, and you don't "jump" up psi - you earn them by increasing fuel etc. Just friendly advise to try to help. Please read some stickeys at the top of the forums.

Are you the original owner or do you know if everything is stock?
    i was plannin on gettin a dp and the accessport but its big money for the ap. i was thinkin it was a little iffy on the mbc cause it does cause a little bucking under w.o.t. ,i know you dont just "jump" up a few psi it comes at a cost but i thought an mbc just made the wastegate open/close faster???
    o4 wrx cobb stage2

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    MBC= no no for 04-up subarus.
    The reason you are hitting no more than 9lbs is because you have no restrictor pill, which was removed along with the stock boost control solenoid, and are boosting wastegate pressure.

You definitely installed it wrong. Either way, you shouldn't raise the boost without tuning the car. You are going to end up running lean and possibly do damage to your motor/turbo.
    i figured it out so it isnt stuck at 9 pounds anymore,yeah i thought eliminating the boost solenoid was also iffy, can you tune for the mbc??
    o4 wrx cobb stage2

i was plannin on gettin a dp and the accessport but its big money for the ap. i was thinkin it was a little iffy on the mbc cause it does cause a little bucking under w.o.t. ,i know you dont just "jump" up a few psi it comes at a cost but i thought an mbc just made the wastegate open/close faster???
    An mbc delays the signal (via vacuum line) sent to the wastegate telling it to open.

and if the WG opens faster, then you are diverting exhaust gases straight out so you build up less boost. Ideally you want it to close so you spool more.

i figured it out so it isnt stuck at 9 pounds anymore,yeah i thought eliminating the boost solenoid was also iffy, can you tune for the mbc??
    Yup. Just return your car back to stock and wait til you can get a tune before putting the mbc back on.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Yeah, but the 04-up wrx/sti's don't reallt respond well to MBC's. Their fuel circuit system is different than the 02-03, which respond better to them.

Still, they will give you inconsistent performance.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    If your car was a bugeye then MBCs are fine (FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING *key words*).

For +04 WRXs, you cannot run a MBC without tuning for it. That thing needs to come off and you need to do a lot more research before you waste your money or damage your car.
    Last edited by brfatal; 04-09-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: my speeling sucks

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, but the 04-up wrx/sti's don't reallt respond well to MBC's. Their fuel circuit system is different than the 02-03, which respond better to them.

Still, they will give you inconsistent performance.
    Don't be retarded.You can use an MBC on ANY of the WRX's if you tune for it.If you don't 100% know what your talking about why respond?The 04-05 issue is ECU related and can be tuned out very easily with engine management,but no OTS Cobb map can be used with a MBC.A good MBC will not give you inconsistent performance.The Hallman is on of the best out there.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Don't be retarded.You can use an MBC on ANY of the WRX's if you tune for it.If you don't 100% know what your talking about why respond?The 04-05 issue is ECU related and can be tuned out very easily with engine management,but no OTS Cobb map can be used with a MBC.A good MBC will not give you inconsistent performance.The Hallman is on of the best out there.
    Um actually i do know what I'm talking about. Do you know why?

Because I HAVE a MBC on my car, and it is tuned.

The MBC thing has been talked about countless number of times. Search it.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Um actually i do know what I'm talking about. Do you know why?

Because I HAVE a MBC on my car, and it is tuned.

The MBC thing has been talked about countless number of times. Search it.

Let's drop this. I think it is a simple miscommunication and I'm sure Donkey didn't realize how harsh that sounded.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    If your car was a bugeye then MBCs are fine (FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING *key words*).

For +04 WRXs, you cannot run a MBC without tuning for it. That thing needs to come off and you need to do a lot more research before you waste your money or damage your car.
    There you go... It's as simple as that.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Let's drop this. I think it is a simple miscommunication and I'm sure Donkey didn't realize how harsh that sounded.
    agreed.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast