Turbo inlet install

This is a discussion on Turbo inlet install within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; alright i herd the TI can be a PITA to install...i was wondering what the easiest way to do it ...

Turbo inlet install

alright i herd the TI can be a PITA to install...i was wondering what the easiest way to do it is?? i think i wanna cut out my old one so i dont have to take off the IM...anyone have sucess doing this?? easy hard? mind u i did all the wrenching on my car.. so give me a 1-10 scale
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did it the same way. I disconnected everything off the Turbo Inlet then just ripped it out. I got the Perrin TI so it's flexible. If you got a hard TI, this won't work. You will need to take the Intake Manifold off.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4valvemach View Post
    its a truck it can't be that fast

did it the same way just cut all the bungs off and pull it right out.

how long would u say it takes
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

half an hour tops its just a pita to get the hose out puttin the new one is easy

is it hard to reconnect all the hoses and is it possible to reconnect them in the wrong place or would u have to be an idiot to do that?
    MY Mods...

no its not hard to recconect the hoses i do suggest gettin some kind of lube because if you got the perrin ti you need to put the bungs in the ti but do that after you get it into place(i really dont know what those little things are called) but no you shouldnt put the hoses back in the wrong place its pretty simple and youll remember where they came from so you shouldnt mix them up
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."