Just got my SPT Catback and AEM Cold Air Intake put on 08-WRX-WOW!!!

This is a discussion on Just got my SPT Catback and AEM Cold Air Intake put on 08-WRX-WOW!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Unbelievable! I did not think I could love my REX any more. The sound alone between the catback rumble and ...

Just got my SPT Catback and AEM Cold Air Intake put on 08-WRX-WOW!!!

Unbelievable! I did not think I could love my REX any more. The sound alone between the catback rumble and the louder spooling from the AEM make this car a beast. I could not be happier at this point. Does anyone know what the rough WHP and Torque increase is for doing these two mods on a 08 wrx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

effectively 0. possibly even negative. those are mostly sound not really performance mods.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

What about the NVidia N1's my friend has them on his 08 he said it feels faster one of his buddies who has an....modified 04 says he does have a little more punch thanks to the exhaust (based on comparison with his modified 04)

butt-dyno results are subject to a little help from hopes and dreams. the results from these mods would be undetectable (other than the nice new sound) to the human body, assuming there is any increase at all. maybe 2-3 hp ish.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    maybe 2-3 hp ish.
    agreed. unless youre flashing to stage 1, youre not going to get anything but sound from an intake and CBE, regardless of your butt dyno results

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    unless youre flashing to stage 1, youre not going to get anything but sound from an intake and CBE, regardless of your butt dyno results
    Qft.

It's the same as a honda guy putting a CBE on & saying he just added 25hp cuz he can feel the difference. When in reality, it makes the car slower.

After you add a DP & flash stage 2, then you'll really be saying wow.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're happy with your CBE and CAI then that's good enough.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks J! I agree. I am happy with the results and would recommend the additions to any WRX owner. As far as true HP, I do not care. The sound alone make the upgrades worth every penny in my book. Besides, we all know the stock WRX has the "skills to pay the bills" when it comes to power, otherwise we would not be on this site in the first place.

I Support ClubWRX
    I completely disagree with Jay. No real reason to do so...just a matter of principle.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

What you're feeling is the placebo affect from the great sound you're enjoying behind the wheel of a WRX.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can see the 08's getting more of a power gain than the older WRX models.There exhaust is alot more restricive than most models especially on the hatchback.Plus they have the crappy Legacy airbox setup.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I can see the 08's getting more of a power gain than the older WRX models.There exhaust is alot more restricive than most models especially on the hatchback.Plus they have the crappy Legacy airbox setup.
    +1

Not because I think we'll be getting more HP than the older models, but because our exhausts were about as wide as my pinkie coming off the lot. My old bicycle sounded louder at start up.

I haven't felt any change in my car's performance since adding the SPT, but I will say the sound is night and day and that alone is enough to cause me to smile every time I turn the car on.

No power change in mine. Just sound. Best $333 I have spent in awhile...

You like the intake? I haven't picked one up yet. Kind of waiting for the spt one to hit the market
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK

1 my car didnt really lose power with the exhaust and intake. it gained maybe a couple of hp. but the hesitation of the car running lean for a bit made it seem like it lost power. then it would pull a lil harder when it got into the higher rpms.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    1 my car didnt really lose power with the exhaust and intake. it gained maybe a couple of hp. but the hesitation of the car running lean for a bit made it seem like it lost power. then it would pull a lil harder when it got into the higher rpms.
    Uuuhmm..okay.Comparing your car to the 08's is comparing apples to oranges to some degree.Plus these guys are talking about a catback only exhaust,not a TBE.
    Last edited by Donkey; 09-10-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S