Dhbamby's DIY VF 39 turbine swap - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dhbamby's DIY VF 39 turbine swap within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; was the turbo brand new? used 18 k...

was the turbo brand new?
    used 18 k
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhbamby View Post
    is that the one on the exhaust mani?
    the front one, IIRC, is in the exh. manifold, pass. side. In the uppipe, is the EGT probe. The rear O2 is in the TOP of the rear cat.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

yeah I didn't even mess around with the exhiast from the DP back, exept to loosen the rear muffler hangers
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

how do i fix the P0037 code?
    MY Mods...

Inspect all the connections, make sure you have the right map flashed in there, and if it's still there, reset the ECU to see if it comes back. If it does, replace the sensor.

so you did your turbo swap without having to remove the rear O2 sensor? shorty downpipe???

i have the TXS stealthback .....i took out the o2 sensor in the exhaust mani cuz i was gonna put in some megan headers but then i decided against that halfway throught the swap.....so i ended up putting the stock mani back on ALONG with the o2 sensor i removed
    MY Mods...

the exhaust mani is the front O2. the rear O2 is in the downpipe.

alright well i just downloaded the newest firmware on my AP and i flashed to the vf 39 map (i was using the STI injc fuel econ map prior) and damn this car is quick....i am sooo happy witht the results ....and now since i got the new update, i was able to clear that dang ole P0037 code with ease....but one thing that confuses me with the new update is the estimated WHP jawnt....i cant seem to figure this guy out ..
    MY Mods...

now i am trying to install a FMIC...and i was told by the seller that i would need relocate something in order for the pipes to fit ...can anyone give me some help....coolant resivior or something?
    MY Mods...

I Support ClubWRX
    probably, the coolant overflow reservoir. the cold-side pipe may travel from top to bottom, btwn radiator and motor, on driver's side..
    Rogan o_0

o what are you suggesting I do ? Is the tank gonna be inthe way?
    MY Mods...

I Support ClubWRX
    there are a few options, for replacing the stock overflow tank.. I, personally, went to AdvanceAutoParts, and picked up one of their universal tanks, and mounted it on the pass. side strut tower, but I'd also moved the BCS and stuff that was there, originally. Some of the aftermarket ones put the tank behind the driver's headlight..
    Rogan o_0

where exactly is the tank?
    MY Mods...

I Support ClubWRX
    bolted to the radiator, on the driver's side. it's white, yellow cap.
    you can't miss it.

seen here, lower-right, between radiator and engine.
    Last edited by Rogan; 07-12-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Rogan o_0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast