2008 SPT exhaust...333 bucks?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2008 SPT exhaust...333 bucks?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Waited 3 months and finially got mine last friday, love the car now, the car actually sounds like something, and ...

Waited 3 months and finially got mine last friday, love the car now, the car actually sounds like something, and it sounds great.

i just have one question, I have noticed that the exhaust does seem lower which is understandable, but wondering if replacing the exhaust hangers with Cobbs if it will raise the exhaust up a little bit more?

With the exhaust finially on now time to plan for the next modd's to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i actually just recieved and put on my cat back exhaust from spt. it was 333, on sale from the usual 879 dollars. runs and sounds great, well built and looks awesome

Hey everyone. I just bought the 08 4dr WRX in May. put in for the CBE and received it today, 9/30. I can't wait to put it on. im so tired of NO SOUND and a sick car. It is great to see everyone look at the car wondering what the hell it is haha. so anyway, my questions are
    1) Any problems with the CBE install? after install?
    2) I need a recomendation for a BOV that is cheap but efficient. (just looking for the sound) hey at least i can admit it
    3) Anywhere to get a new grill with the "i" emblem without paying over 300bucks at the dealer?

thanks guys and its good to finally own a WRX

I'm new here as well, but read an awful lot. From what I have seen you need to stay away from BOV's, especially atmospherically vented ones. If you really want to hear the turbo, some have recommended cutting a hole in the bottom of the air box. If you search for 08 WRX Snorkus Delete, I believe you will pull it up (even though there is no silencer). As far as the exhaust goes, I am waiting on mine. I had to order through Subaru of Gwinnett in GA, because the price was back up to 800+ around here. I can't wait for mine either! That is probably all I will do for now, until the warranty goes.

Mine comes Friday!!

I'm done teaching at 3, will be installed by 4:30 haha...

i heard the same about the BOV being that it determines if you run richer or leaner

CBE is on...

I went to the dealer today and it was just a routine 18,000 mi oil change. Walked out with the SPT CBE for the 2008 Wagon.

Too sweet that sound, and not at all loud, just nice.

I got it for $350 but the installation was free, with tax is $370 out the door. I wanted a Perrin but at this price, it had to be an SPT, and I'm happy its pretty stealthy which is what I was hoping for.

Here it here...
    2008 WRX Hatchback - Nice new SPT CBE

Got mine installed today, here's the before & after.

Before:

After:

I have a 2008 WRX with the SPT exhaust I got June of 2011.... This is my second time, having to repair my exhaust. April of 2012 I had it burn/break at the y pipe as well as the right side pipe back to the muffler. Had to deal with dragging metal, finally tied it so it wouldnt fall off. Dealt with it, got it welded back for cheap. Happened again just this Sept 2012, broke off at right side welding/pipe...definitely having these problems because the exhuast flange dips SO LOW, any body else out there with this problem? Thinking of getting rid of the WRX (too much money after a year) 1k on bumper to bumper exteneded warranty that covers nothing, clutch just replaced Sept 2012 ( 1.3k after 36k miles) new tires at ~25k miles (700) and this friggen exhaust problem...anyone else having these problems? not even driving rough, I baby the car!!

Quote Originally Posted by nks2192 View Post
    I have a 2008 WRX with the SPT exhaust I got June of 2011.... This is my second time, having to repair my exhaust. April of 2012 I had it burn/break at the y pipe as well as the right side pipe back to the muffler. Had to deal with dragging metal, finally tied it so it wouldnt fall off. Dealt with it, got it welded back for cheap. Happened again just this Sept 2012, broke off at right side welding/pipe...definitely having these problems because the exhuast flange dips SO LOW, any body else out there with this problem? Thinking of getting rid of the WRX (too much money after a year) 1k on bumper to bumper exteneded warranty that covers nothing, clutch just replaced Sept 2012 ( 1.3k after 36k miles) new tires at ~25k miles (700) and this friggen exhaust problem...anyone else having these problems? not even driving rough, I baby the car!!
    I had one problem and had to have the SPT exhaust rewelded it cost $50 to do the entire job. It dips low and is part of the design, I never hit the exhaust flange ever, but I think they had some manufacturing failures with these exhausts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123