2008 SPT exhaust...333 bucks?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008 SPT exhaust...333 bucks?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wanted to get the SPT exhaust for my STi but it only has a single tip. why do the ...

I wanted to get the SPT exhaust for my STi but it only has a single tip. why do the sedans get a dual tip but the hatch gets a single? That sucks!
    Last edited by BlueSubaru; 06-27-2008 at 06:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasmasse View Post
    i have an 08 wagon....i purchased the system today, and went and picked it up....everything still in box etc
    Nice find on the SPT exhaust. I can't seem to find one anywhere.
    On another board I saw that the ones coming in now are being held up at the port and are being put on new cars coming in. I hope that isn't true with the number of people waiting for them on existing owned cars.
    Greg
    '08 Black WRX 5 Door
    SPT CBE, GrillCraft lower grill, tint, STI Pink Springs waiting install.

i must have gotten lucky then....i just called the nearest dealer and they had one left....ill let you guys know how it sounds....

The stock system is crap.
    The Spt Catback is a nice upgrade.
    Well worth the money vs anything else you can buy for that price.
    I'm happy with my purchase.
    Thank you

Performance?

Any word on performance increases from the SPT exhaust system, hopefully someone with just this mod off a stock exhaust. Or if anyone has any estimations on HP and lb/ft gains???

I'm thinking of getting this, love the way it sounds (thanks for the sound clip btw) but was just curious if I could expect much of a gain on performance too? Thanks!

i got 1 i like it....
    here is my DIY thread...DIY: 08 SPT 4dr cbe

and i did not use the 20$ gasket they made me buy
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2008 4 Door WRX SPT CBE

Here's a video clip of my 08 4 Door WRX SPT CBE

YouTube - 2008 WRX SPT Exhaust 4 Door

i just installed an SPT sedan exhaust today for a customer at the dealership and it leaked at the doughnut when i re-used it. You couldn't hear the leak so much as I could feel it leaking when i wrapped my hands around it while it was up on the lift running. I put a new doughnut on there and it reduced the leak to the point where it should seal completely once the doughnut expands after some heat cycles. Great fitment, and sound. Tho I think they should upgrade their hanger arms to stainless because mine are all rusted after 7K miles.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 07-17-2008 at 09:20 AM.

Just got and installed mine using original gasket. Seems to have sealed up pretty well. Boy does it sound good.
    Greg
    '08 Black WRX 5 Door

Downpipe to match

Good... good... the more you guys make me want to get it!

Anyway, if the piping (midpipe) is 2.5", which downpipe will match it then? The ones that I have seen (Perrin's and Cobb's) and they seem to be 3".

I think Cobb's is designed to fit to the OEM cat back, so you should be fine.
    Greg
    '08 Black WRX 5 Door

just installed SPT CB on my 08 WRX (5door)

took 3 months to get in!

It sounds good!

What I am looking for is if anyone else has installed the SPT CB on their 08?

It sounds like there is some play with the hangers and it "rattles" and bit like its shifting or sliding a bit.

Anyone else run into this?

Also what is with pipe being lower that rear wishbone?
    Life comes in two modes; Victim Initiated Detonation & Command Detonation. Which mode do you live in?

Mine fits very well with no rattles so far.
    Greg
    '08 Black WRX 5 Door

SPT cbe on 08

Just installed mine a couple of days ago on my hatch. sounds great and looks great. I actually painted the pipes and the hangers with a hi temp exhaust paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00197.jpg   IMG00195.jpg   IMG00186.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flee2000 View Post
    Just installed mine a couple of days ago on my hatch. sounds great and looks great. I actually painted the pipes and the hangers with a hi temp exhaust paint.
    I am also thinking of painting the 3" pipe that leads into the Muff so it is less noticeable from the rear.
    Life comes in two modes; Victim Initiated Detonation & Command Detonation. Which mode do you live in?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.