Installing exhaust?

This is a discussion on Installing exhaust? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased an SR*S exhaust pipe off ebay and it should arrive today.. would I need any extensive experience ...

Installing exhaust?

I just purchased an SR*S exhaust pipe off ebay and it should arrive today.. would I need any extensive experience in installing the exhaust myself?

any help would be appreciated, I searched but I couldn't find a clear answer :x the place I could take it to charges $180 and it will take 3 hours? For some reason I don't think that price is at all worth it and/or I don't think it would take that long? please correct me if I'm wrong

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    lets put it this way: it takes more time to jack up the car than it does to install the exhaust. haha.

2 people would be helpful, but other than that, its honestly a REALLY simple install.

did you get a CBE or a TBE?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    awesome. it took my dad and i about 15-20 minutes to install it (i have the ERZ ebay CBE.. practically the same as the SRS). it was very very simple. i'm going to try to find you a step by step instruction thingie. they should have one on scoobymods.com

desiree

oh that's awesome.. how do you like yours? and i appreciate the help, a step by step would be great...I'll also look at that site for one.

one more question..what's the most conventional way of raising the car enough to get under it?

I Support ClubWRX
    i absolutely love my exhaust. it sounds great too. well worth the 200 bucks haha.

definitely use a jack and jack stands (but dont use the jack that came with the car! thats only for emergency use and not recommended for other applications)

WRX Exhaust Installation

here is a walkthrough for a wagon. hopefully it will help. i'll keep looking though

desiree

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i absolutely love my exhaust. it sounds great too. well worth the 200 bucks haha.

definitely use a jack and jack stands (but dont use the jack that came with the car! thats only for emergency use and not recommended for other applications)

WRX Exhaust Installation

here is a walkthrough for a wagon. hopefully it will help. i'll keep looking though
    that should help a lot.. thanks! and i looked at your car, how do you like your tint and your windshield is untinted, correct?
    Last edited by GiZZ054; 05-15-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Yeah if you're not doing the downpipe then it's a piece of cake. There's only 2 bolts to remove. If your car has any significant mileage, then you should definitely get new bolts because the old ones will shear no matter how much penetrating oil you put on them. The bolts are the 2 spring bolts that hold the midpipe to the downpipe.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GiZZ054 View Post
    that should help a lot.. thanks! and i looked at your car, how do you like your tint and your windshield is untinted, correct?
    yess. in FL its illegal to have your windshield tinted but i really like the tint on all the other windows. mine is 20% so its only kinda... illegal but i dont realy care because in FL heat, you cant go without tint haha

desiree

Word to the wise...I bought a Godspeed from Godspeed that was supposedly a bolt up CBE. However, 3 trips later to the shop that installed it, it was finally lined up and working well. They had to cut the exhaust off from the DP, re-align it, change the exhaust hangers, etc until it was finally correct. Good luck to you.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

Registered User clevelander2002's Avatar
    I just installed my SPT exhaust last night and it was really easy. The only problem was getting the connection tight on the cat. The spring bolts a pain to get tight. I took them off, drilled them out and put big solid bolts through it.
    His: 07 Blue WRX TR
    Short throw shifter, K&N drop-in w/ intake silencer delete, SPT exhaust, GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace.

Hers: 09 Red Forester XT w/ K&N drop-in.