turbo timer?

This is a discussion on turbo timer? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What's the benefit to a turbo timer? Should all WRX's eventually have one installed? Or is it only beneficial after ...

turbo timer?

What's the benefit to a turbo timer? Should all WRX's eventually have one installed? Or is it only beneficial after modifying the engine?
    2008 Blue WRX, 5 door...
    First one in the Philly area in Early August 2008 from Concordville nissan/subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Being a boost noobie, I'm also interested about this. Subscribing.
    I... I'm sorry... I don't want to join your alliances... in a funny, counter productive way, alliances just segregate us... Can't all Subie owners just hold hands?!
    (Defeating my own purpose...)
    First declared non-alliance member... 001.

Let me just say that I'm interested as well. Its my understanding that our turbos are water cooled and don't need turbo timers, but I've been fed alot of hooplah.

And as for you non alliance. You're just lonely bc no one has the '08 yet. Soon as you accumulate a mass of '08s you'll slit our throats in our sleep.
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222

Quote Originally Posted by ofbluestar View Post
    And as for you non alliance. You're just lonely bc no one has the '08 yet. Soon as you accumulate a mass of '08s you'll slit our throats in our sleep.
    Preposterous! I wouldn't dream of it! Sorry for the mini Hi-Jack OP, but I couldn't let the dis on the non-alliance go unanswered. For the non-alliance!
    I... I'm sorry... I don't want to join your alliances... in a funny, counter productive way, alliances just segregate us... Can't all Subie owners just hold hands?!
    (Defeating my own purpose...)
    First declared non-alliance member... 001.

no benifit, waste of money.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by ofbluestar View Post
    Hey now, I have an 08 and love it, first time Subie owner and I love it.
    2008 Blue WRX, 5 door...
    First one in the Philly area in Early August 2008 from Concordville nissan/subaru

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    no benifit, waste of money.

why is it a waste of money? I mean the only thing that I figure is you can just let the car run for 2 or 3 minutes before shutting it off and getting out.
    2008 Blue WRX, 5 door...

Quote Originally Posted by ATCsubie08 View Post

why is it a waste of money? I mean the only thing that I figure is you can just let the car run for 2 or 3 minutes before shutting it off and getting out.
    If I'm right about the water cooling system for the turbo, you don't need the turbo timer bc the cooling method is sufficiently cooling your turbo the entire time your car is running. This eliminates the need to leave your car run at idle after driving. Its a more common tool for oil cooled turbos.

Waste of money + fuel.
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222

I Support ClubWRX
    The turbo is oiled and water cooled. As long as you arent hammering the car prior to shutting it off it serves no purpose. I just take the last 5 mins of my trip at a casual pace to let it cool down some.

You waste gas, add wear, and add electronics to an already complicated car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

What he said

ll ll ll
    ll ll ll
    ll ll ll
    V V V
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222