SPT Intake?

This is a discussion on SPT Intake? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 07 WRX TR Tried the Silencer Delete mod, I'm utterly stumped trying to get the fender liner off and i ...

SPT Intake?

07 WRX TR

Tried the Silencer Delete mod, I'm utterly stumped trying to get the fender liner off and i don't want to break anything. I could disassemble a small engine blindfoled, but these plasticy bits I don't trust so much.

Anyway, The main reason I was considering doing it was for the increased intake sound. I was wondering if the SPT Intake produces a nice enough sound?

It's not to show off or anything, just looking to enhance the driving experience without voiding my warranty or breaking anything.

For arguments sake, I'm not worried about the price of the intake. I've got some pre-christmas loot sitting around.
    Who needs signatures?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior-T View Post
    07 WRX TR

Tried the Silencer Delete mod, I'm utterly stumped trying to get the fender liner off and i don't want to break anything. I could disassemble a small engine blindfoled, but these plasticy bits I don't trust so much.

Anyway, The main reason I was considering doing it was for the increased intake sound. I was wondering if the SPT Intake produces a nice enough sound?

It's not to show off or anything, just looking to enhance the driving experience without voiding my warranty or breaking anything.

For arguments sake, I'm not worried about the price of the intake. I've got some pre-christmas loot sitting around.
    The intake should sound pretty good.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Thanks

I did notice that with at least the ram air intake chute removed, I can actually hear my BOV now.
    Who needs signatures?

i've had my spt intake for over 2k miles now and i dont get tired of the bpv sound. i'm thinking of reinstalling my intake silencer since i hear alot about intakes without heatshields sucking up hot air from the engine.
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

I've had the SPT intake for about 1k miles and I love it. When you really gun it the engine grumbles more and the sound of the air rushing through the turbo is amazing.

its a great intake but i would go with the cobb or aps sri... thats just me tho
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    its a great intake but i would go with the cobb or aps sri... thats just me tho
    Just curious why you would go with a SRI? The concept of me paying to suck in hot air from the engine bay infuriates me.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Get it and the heatshield. You'll like it!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)