GOT a Tune yesterday:)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on GOT a Tune yesterday:) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; got a tune from dome yesterday (getadomtune.com) the numbers turned to be 216whp and 225.9 wtq. pretty good with an ...

GOT a Tune yesterday:)

got a tune from dome yesterday (getadomtune.com) the numbers turned to be 216whp and 225.9 wtq. pretty good with an tbe...what i wonder is why he did tune the utec dat was in my car. he pluged it out and tuned the stock ecu and told me to sell my utec if i wasnt gonna run race gas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha Dominic really know's his stuff. I plan on getting my car tuned by him after I get my turbo put in. Heard a lot of good things from him. (also seen some good numbers being put down)

Just out of curiosity, was that on a Mustang dyno?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

yes it was on mustang dyno...y?

Mustang dyno's tend to read a little higher than some of the other types of dynos. That's why he is asking.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

would it be different if he tuned a utec with the tbe instead of the stock ecu with the tbe?

Not likely
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

i wonder whats the utec for then...like the tunner said i should just sell it...if i dont wanna run race gas.

I've never tuned a stock computer but I'm sure it has it's limitations with heavy modding and..running the UTEC with race gas would allow you to have a tuning map that you wouldnt normally run day to day on the street because of the aggressive timing and amounts of fuel you would use with a much higher octane. I think the UTEC lets you switch between different maps. So ideally it would have a map for 91 or 93 octane and a seperate map for when you are running a race gas.

<-my thoughts, I'm sure if I'm off a bit someone else will chime in.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

as turbo xs website cliams, that with utec alone one can gain up to 40whp which is stage one and iwth the tbe is stage two...so dats why i was curious a lil that they website said 227 to the wheels with stage 2 n uppipe n tmic = stage 3 240ish to the wheels i guess dats wrong...

Key words there are probably gain up to which depends on your particular car and tune which is different for everyone. I'm sure your tuner could pull quite a bit more power out of your setup but it wouldn't be safe and your engine would be at risk. Where he left it I'm sure is best for your car as it is.

In example; Adding timing can gain power, but too much timing can cause detonation and he built in a safety margin to prevent detonation.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

yeh ur rite "gains up to" is tricky, my goal is around to get to 240 whp....anyone kno the best way to get that...noob in need of ur help

Registered User silverbullet>>>'s Avatar
    so you put on a boost solinoid, 255 fuel pump before the tune what they set your boost at

Boost controller and some sti pink fuel injectors for safety should get you close. I don't know if a walbro is necessary. If I were you, I'd look into a slightly larger turbo. The TDO4 is going to be your limiting factor.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Registered User silverbullet>>>'s Avatar
    My tuner told me to add boost solinoid, fuel pump and then tune it and they would set my boost at 18psi but td04 isnt worth the time instead im getting a 18g with proper parts and seting the psi right under 20 im expecting 350whp from the block if possible more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.