Stage 3 WRX vs. STI - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stage 3 WRX vs. STI within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven I get your point but I'm going to need a little more than 15k reliable miles ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I get your point but I'm going to need a little more than 15k reliable miles out of my car if I go Stage 2. The most anyone has gone (on an '06 @ Stage 2) that I know of is 25k.
    I have 25k on a Protuned VF39 setup with a 2006 WRX, and I've done about 40 Launches at the track... Look at my numbers below. Definitely got some power.

I seem to remember in 06 how everyone was scared to go stage 2 on the 2.5L WRX. There were a few early build dates that had questionable transmissions, but since then I have yet to hear of a Stage 2 2.5L WRX blowing a transmission with anything short of repeated drops and donuts... Those idiots could've killed their tranny stock though.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So... bottom line. if a random person with no limited knowledge of cars asks you "So how would your stage 3 wrx do against a stage 2 STi?"

i kno the turbo type matters quite a bit, along with the supporting mods, ect. but what would you say?
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    So... bottom line. if a random person with no limited knowledge of cars asks you "So how would your stage 3 wrx do against a stage 2 STi?"

i kno the turbo type matters quite a bit, along with the supporting mods, ect. but what would you say?
    Driver's race then.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Driver's race then.
    thats what i like to hear. just thought i'd see what ppl would say. i kno theres too many variables to say flat out, but i get asked all the time how i'd do n i just say idk lol.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Driver's race then.
    There are a lot of things to take into account though.

The 5 gears vs 6 of a STi.. and then how on launch only 3 wheels hook up on a WRX vs all 4 on the STi.

In addition.. are we talking about a 2.5L wrx? or a 2.0L wrx? A stage 2 STi will still beat a vf39'd 2.0L wrx on the same fuel with no injection.

Unfortunately the only way to compare anything is a side by side race... and like Pavia says... Driver's are a big part of that race. A bad driver can lose over 1 second in the quarter mile from what their car is capable of.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i didnt kno only 3 wheels enganged during launch for the wrx. i guess i was talking 2.0 but its not a big deal just a random question.

I Support ClubWRX
    i didnt kno only 3 wheels enganged during launch for the wrx. i guess i was talking 2.0 but its not a big deal just a random question.
    the 02-07 WRXs have an open differential up front, and a viscous limited slip differential in the rear.

04-07 STis (I haven't looked at newer ones to verify this) Use a Suretrac limited slip differential up front with a viscous limited slip differential in the rear.

So the STi hooks up with all 4 wheels.

The WRX hooks up with both rears and one front... This is one reason why the STi with the same mods will usually out drag a WRX even though the WRX has only 3-4 shifts in the 1/4 mile, whereas the STi has 5.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

wow just another reason i feel inferior to the almighty STi...

I Support ClubWRX
    wow just another reason i feel inferior to the almighty STi...
    You and me both brother.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Yes I know old thread, but when people say reliability is bad with the stage 2 and beyond on a wrx what actually breaks? just the tranny or are we talking blown motors...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Please start your own thread with questions like this.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.