Mods for Drifting
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mods for Drifting within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I'm saving up to buy a WRX hopefully by about March or April. I hope on doing some ...

Mods for Drifting

Hey everyone, I'm saving up to buy a WRX hopefully by about March or April. I hope on doing some rally type things and also I really wanna do some drifting. I know WRXs aren't too good for drifting on pavement stock due to them being AWD, but I'd like to know what I'd have to mod or upgrade to give it enough power to drift on pavement. While I'm here I'm just curious as to how fast tires will wear out for someone who drifts aggresively a fair amount. Thanks a lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You wanna drift an AWD car.......

Give up on that idea and go buy a Nissan. (or other RWD car)

Well...you'd need to disengage the front part of the drive train and probably swap it to something more free spinning. Remove the center differential and fabricate some kind of new rear drive shaft that connects directly to the transmission. Then to top it off, you definitely need to have an LSD in the back (STI rear diff might work)...thats just what I know initially...

If someone wants to make that ^^^ technical, go for it

Personally...buy a 350z, Supra, RX-7/8, 240sx for Silvia conversion, Old school Toyota AE86, Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, etc...you'd be WAY better off and it would be cheaper.

A driftable WRX sounds cool though...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

on D1 drifting the team orange have rear wheel drive STi he kills everyone... ive seen it in person @ NJ D1 drifting, but the reason you buy subaru WRX is AWS system...kills anything from lunch lol but theres a thread making rear wheel drive ive seen it not too long ago, do little seach it all you need to do is disconect the front drive shaft, and do some custom job on the back

Quote Originally Posted by sch3838 View Post
    on D1 drifting the team orange have rear wheel drive STi he kills everyone... ive seen it in person @ NJ D1 drifting, but the reason you buy subaru WRX is AWS system...kills anything from lunch lol but theres a thread making rear wheel drive ive seen it not too long ago, do little seach it all you need to do is disconect the front drive shaft, and do some custom job on the back
    Ok cool thanks for the help. I'm assuming AWS=All wheel steering but I had no idea that WRXs had that, cool. But anyways I'll do a search for that mod and check it out.

Drifting is a real, real, real expensive thing to get into by itself let alone having to convert your car. If you do it more power to you but I hope your rich.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    Drifting is a real, real, real expensive thing to get into by itself let alone having to convert your car. If you do it more power to you but I hope your rich.
    +1 you need ****loads of money think about chances of hitting the wall driftin and the cost fixing it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi88hQm2_X0 heres team orage i wish i could drift like that then id have made my wrx rear wheel drive lol

Just buy an old S14 and then it will be less depressing if you hit a wall.

I really don't get drifting.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm puzzled by drifting also.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned

Donít get me wrong, I love drifting.

I just think its retarded when people buy a AWD car and think they can go out and smoke the tires just like any other car.

Team Orange does compete in the D1 series, but their car(s) have been custom built and tuned. (are not AWD) I'm sure if you really wanted to buy a conversion kit/tune you could. But you'd be looking at close to what you payed for, for the car.

this thread sucked after reading it.

on second thought, all you need is a mbc and BOV

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    on second thought, all you need is a mbc and BOV
    Ok, thanks, and what exactly is an mbc?
    Also, what about drifting makes it so expensive? Just repairs from hitting walls or crashing??

Quote Originally Posted by tbwebb62 View Post
    Ok, thanks, and what exactly is an mbc?
    Also, what about drifting makes it so expensive? Just repairs from hitting walls or crashing??
    Ohhh boy...

Ever think of how expensive TIRES ALONE are gonna be???

mbc=Manual boost controller...search on that one. Don't get one unless you know what it is, what it does, why its bad, and how to properly use one unless you have a protune...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast