Mods for Drifting - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Mods for Drifting within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DJ8369 I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice. It seems most people only want ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ8369 View Post
    I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice. It seems most people only want to talk crap about what others are wanting to achive or get out of there cars. I dont understand the haters or there "Im better than you" comments. Whats up with this site?
    Not sure what you are on about. This thread has been dead for 6 years now. And the OP got the best advise he could get. Drifting a AWD car is not a good idea. The answers probably saved him a lot of money.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Let me fix that for you,

I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice. It seems most people only want to talk SENSE about what others are wanting to achive or get out of there cars. I dont understand the GOOD ADVICE or there "SARCASTIC COMMENTS THAT COULD SAVE SOMEONE A LOT OF MONEY, TIME, PAIN, AND STILL GET THEM WHAT THEY WANT" comments. Whats up with this site?
    To answer your question. This is a site of enthusiasts who all have their own 'opinions' and advice. Whether or not one follows this advice is up to them, or if they take sarcasm personal is up to them too. Most people on here are adults who have wisdom and experience. Converting a Subaru into a RWD car is now as easy as a $500 part. However, there are many other repercusions that a newbie might not think of.

To conclude, I quote you,
    I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice
    I believe this is exactly what occurred in this thread. Yeah, I read sarcasm and some personal opinions about drifting. It's not always "nice," but that's their derivative. On the other hand, I also read excellent advice that probably saved this guy a lot of money among other things. The advice may not be what he wanted to hear originally, but he probably made a better life decision out of this.

Hey, at least he used the search function

Yes I agree there was a lot of great info. I've been on a lot of forums and it seems like if someone is trying to do something that others haven't been able to achieve then people start taking trash. I just can't stand it that's all. So far most of the old threads I've looked up have great info. You say a $500 part for this is available now a days. What is it and who sells it? I understand the complexities of drifting AWD but am absolutely in love with the WRX. I just picked up a 2007. It's in great shape and I want to keep it that way. I understand that playing cost money as well. Thanks for the responses to all. Happy driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    It converts it to RWD. So you wouldn't even have to know how to drift AWD...if you can call it that, more like power sliding and rally style stuff. It's made by andrewtech and some other companies make it too. However there are many many other things to account for.

Cheap way: Converting AWD to 2wd RWD w/ pics

An example of the Part i was talking about: Rear Wheel Drive Conversion Spool for WRX 5 Speed - Pfitzner Performance Gearbox

Here are your keywords for google, copy and paste them for more info:
    rwd conversion clubwrx site:ClubWRX.net:
    rwd conversion nasioc site:forums.nasioc.com:

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    You wanna drift an AWD car.......

Give up on that idea and go buy a Nissan. (or other RWD car)
    Its really easy to make a Subie RWD thanks to the RWD spools offered.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice. It seems most people only want to talk crap about what others are wanting to achive or get out of there cars. I dont understand the haters or there "Im better than you" comments. Whats up with this site?
    Wow, congratulations... you bumped a thread from 6 years ago just to be an asshat.

Closing thread because there's no more reason to keep this open.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123