Mods for Drifting - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mods for Drifting within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Ohhh boy... Ever think of how expensive TIRES ALONE are gonna be??? mbc=Manual boost controller...search on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ohhh boy...

Ever think of how expensive TIRES ALONE are gonna be???

mbc=Manual boost controller...search on that one. Don't get one unless you know what it is, what it does, why its bad, and how to properly use one unless you have a protune...
    Yes, I figured tires would cost a lot, thats why I asked in my first post how often people who drift a fair amount would need to replace them. Can someone answer the question?
    Last edited by tbwebb62; 08-21-2007 at 09:42 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ohhh boy...

Ever think of how expensive TIRES ALONE are gonna be???

mbc=Manual boost controller...search on that one. Don't get one unless you know what it is, what it does, why its bad, and how to properly use one unless you have a protune...
    why'd you have to ruin my fun mike?

ok, just get a cai and unbolt your exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    why'd you have to ruin my fun mike?

ok, just get a cai and unbolt your exhaust
    sorry...the nice guy routine came back into play...

But yeah if you get a CAI, it will make the BOV actually run better!

Then unbolting your exhaust will leave the turbine of the turbo open to the atmosphere for better air flow!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

sorry...the nice guy routine came back into play...

But yeah if you get a CAI, it will make the BOV actually run better!

Then unbolting your exhaust will leave the turbine of the turbo open to the atmosphere for better air flow!!!
    don't forget faster spool=more lowend torque to break the tires loose

The secret to mad tyte drifting is to fuel up with a 50/50 mix of diesel and kerosene. All the best drifters do it.
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    don't forget faster spool=more lowend torque to break the tires loose
    Ok and doing all this + the RWD mod should be enough to do some drifting in a WRX??

Quote Originally Posted by tbwebb62 View Post
    Ok and doing all this + the RWD mod should be enough to do some drifting in a WRX??
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by tbwebb62 View Post
    Seriously dude, they're ****ing with you now.

AWD is good for rallying, and keeping the car under control in low traction conditions (mud, dirt, snow).
    RWD is better for Drifting, because it's easier to make low traction conditions, and look cool while doing it

I guess there are some really good drivers over here because I have been watching guys drift Scoobies, GT-R's, GTiR's, EVO's and everything else since '94 with very little problems. The only problem is most of these guys can smack up on Formula D1 drivers with relative ease!

Watanabe service makes a drift center diff that turns a Scooby into RWD.

Oh yeah, if you aren't a seasoned drifter your might want to start with a cheap RWD car because you are going to destroy lots of body panels, suspension parts and tires during the learning process.
    '01 RHD Bugeye STi
    Bugeye Mafia #147

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-Dee View Post
    Oh yeah, if you aren't a seasoned drifter your might want to start with a cheap RWD car because you are going to destroy lots of body panels, suspension parts and tires during the learning process.
    /\
    |
    Best post of the day.

OK I guess a Subaru isn't the best car for me to get yet. I guess now I want something with RWD, a back seat, and not weighing more than... 3100 lbs? Any suggestions? Oh and it'd be good if it was something somewhat sporty atleast.

240sx is probably the sportiest and cheapest to get for what you want...but just think, you're going to need to sink some money into whatever car you get to give it the adequate power it needs to drift successfully...

And like the person up there said...you aren't going to want something expensive because you are gonna beat the hell out of it...goodluck and I hope you have a well paying job...

240sx is probably the sportiest and cheapest to get for what you want...but just think, you're going to need to sink some money into whatever car you get to give it the adequate power it needs to drift successfully...

And like the person up there said...you aren't going to want something expensive because you are gonna beat the hell out of it...goodluck and I hope you have a well paying job...

+1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice. It seems most people only want to talk crap about what others are wanting to achive or get out of there cars. I dont understand the haters or there "Im better than you" comments. Whats up with this site?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ8369 View Post
    I thought this forum was about helping and giving advice. It seems most people only want to talk crap about what others are wanting to achive or get out of there cars. I dont understand the haters or there "Im better than you" comments. Whats up with this site?
    Not sure...this was 6 years ago...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.