**Complete WRX Tuning Guide** - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on **Complete WRX Tuning Guide** within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I agree with you all... on an intellectual level. My issue is that MRT Performance in Sydney recommends the use ...

I agree with you all... on an intellectual level. My issue is that MRT Performance in Sydney recommends the use of a turbo timer on all GC8 WRX's, one of which I own. MRT particularly recommends a timer where inlet and exhaust upgrade have been made and where the computer has been re-mapped (me again). MRT are not a backyard operation. I called them yesterday and they pretty much echoed the "Nine times out of ten you'll be right but where these turbos fail it is usually as a result of coking."

MRT Performance - Home

So while I understand and agree with the argument you're all making, I'll keep the TT. Even if it is, as has so cutely been pointed out, to "impress people" (seriosuly).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

to get back on track?

That guide is taken right from fastwrx.com....

Did you plagirize it? bad, bad...
    WRoXanne never has to put on the red light.

Quote Originally Posted by coemgen View Post
    That guide is taken right from fastwrx.com....

Did you plagirize it? bad, bad...
    Yeah....I knew I read all that before LOL...I was like wait a minute! Ha funny...

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpjm View Post
    I agree with you all... on an intellectual level. My issue is that MRT Performance in Sydney recommends the use of a turbo timer on all GC8 WRX's, one of which I own. MRT particularly recommends a timer where inlet and exhaust upgrade have been made and where the computer has been re-mapped (me again). MRT are not a backyard operation. I called them yesterday and they pretty much echoed the "Nine times out of ten you'll be right but where these turbos fail it is usually as a result of coking."

MRT Performance - Home

So while I understand and agree with the argument you're all making, I'll keep the TT. Even if it is, as has so cutely been pointed out, to "impress people" (seriosuly).
    ahem, newer wrx's with water cooled turbos do not require a turbo timer. heat from the turbo vaporizes, then sucks up coolant which runs through the turbo until it cools down.

Turbo Timer FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

you'll just be wasting your money and voiding your warranty. yes...they can void your warranty

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think Mach V actually wrote that guide but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Donkey; 04-30-2009 at 05:27 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I recently added my stock 2002 WRX with these items.

1) Borla Exhaust cat back

2) High Flow Intake APS

3) Dual BOV recirculating Turbosmart

4) Proslot rotors Slotted cryo treated/ Pro series Hawk Pads/Steel braided lines.

5) Stock rims with Yokohamas Avid S

So far all that i have put on the car has been working extremely well.
    Last edited by Scout01; 08-24-2009 at 08:22 PM.

true sometimes, as a noob i tend to forget to leave the car on for a bit and just turned it off, i'm currently learning it the hardway

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't have to leave the car on. Thats the point of a water cooled turbo. The owners manual should say something about this.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

DUB
    this thread makes my head asplode.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wrong and dangerous, checking in.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Question purchasing a WRX / how to do bolt ons

I have a huge question to ask and I feel dumb since I dont know that much about cars and I want to do some upgrades.

I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and will be returning soon. I want to buy a WRX preferably a 04 body if price is right, but im looking at trying to spend no more than $8,000. I need to know if theres anyone out there interested in helping me to try and find one for me or at least a good deal, and once I get it I want to first do some bolt ons like bigger turbo to a stock engine and then an air intake or some few small mods to increase my hp at a lower cost but if there's anyways someone can help me please let me know thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartaloe View Post
    I have a huge question to ask and I feel dumb since I dont know that much about cars and I want to do some upgrades.

I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and will be returning soon. I want to buy a WRX preferably a 04 body if price is right, but im looking at trying to spend no more than $8,000. I need to know if theres anyone out there interested in helping me to try and find one for me or at least a good deal, and once I get it I want to first do some bolt ons like bigger turbo to a stock engine and then an air intake or some few small mods to increase my hp at a lower cost but if there's anyways someone can help me please let me know thanks.
    Well I live in PA, so I can't help you find a WRX. I would suggest reading this link and learning about modding your car!
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

hi where is the non turbo guide i cannot find it

Quote Originally Posted by will159 View Post
    hi where is the non turbo guide i cannot find it
    At risk of sounding like a ****, I'd try looking on a site called clubNOTwrx.net.
    WRoXanne never has to put on the red light.

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar

Shouldn't sway-bars be a first mod??

Quote Originally Posted by RoadStar View Post
    Stage 1...
    Stage 2...
    Stage 3...

Suspension and handling...

[Then finally]

Sway Bars
    A sway bar, or anti-roll bar, connects one wheel motion to the wheel opposite, to decrease body roll in turns. Larger-than-stock sway bars can help your car to corner flatter without sacrificing ride comfort.
    I know this is a 20 year old post, but wondering why sway bars is so far down the line on the recommendation list, even recommended after turbo, basic engine rebuild, struts and coil-overs. Seems like sway-bars are by far the most bang for your buck, help correct the severe under-steer problems, and generally a very nice low-cost first mod. IMHO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast