Restrictor Pill
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Restrictor Pill within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone out there have pictures of the restrictor pill, or could someone post some pics of the restrictor pill??? ...

Restrictor Pill

Does anyone out there have pictures of the restrictor pill, or could someone post some pics of the restrictor pill??? I recently removed my Greddy EBC but do not have the hose with the restrictor pill in it. Correct me if I'm wrong on this because I don't know what the pill looks like. Is the pill just a coupling between the vacuum lines that reduces down into a smaller diameter? When I bought my 02 WRX it did not have the factory BOV, air box, and had the Greddy EBC hooked up. I just want to revert back to stock until I can afford to buy the AP and do it the right way. How much do you guys think I could sell the Greddy EBC for used??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this is about the best pic i have. its small. its not a coupler or anything, it actually goes INSIDE the hose. if you bought the car w/ the ebc already installed...chances are you probably dont have the pill anymore

if you need get another one, www.subaruwrxparts.com should have them. part number should 22326KA120

and if you look at this pic

its 22326 in the pic, and goes into the hose that goes into the turbo. you have the hose that comes off of the boost solenoid, and one side spits to the wastegate, the other splits to the turbo, it goes in the one that splits into the turbo.

I had this same issue w/ my car when i first bought it. except the previous owner took off the boost controller before he traded the car in, so not only did i not have the pill, i had no boost control and was only boosting at wastegate pressure (7psi).

I can't thank you enough for those pics. If you lived close by I would buy you a beer. You just saved me a buttload of wasted time. The parts guys at my local Subaru dealer are IDIOTS! Thanks again.

no problem. like i said, i had the same issue when i first bought my car, which was a HELL of a thing to try and troubleshoot w/ a car i knew practically nothing about. haha. but this club helped me thru it, and now i pass that knowledge down to you

I just ordered the restrictor pill today from my local Subaru dealership. Price with tax was a measely $3.71. Thanks again for all your help!!

glad i could help

OK, I picked up the restrictor pill today from Subaru and installed it just like the picture above. I am experiencing some horrible boost spiking. Question, is this because the ECU needs to re-calibrate to the new change? I disconnected the battery and pushed the brake pedal a few times before I fired her up. Anyone have any ideas?

hmm. how horrible? iirc as soon as i put the pill in my boost just went back to normal. id say maybe recheck the hose. pop the pill back out and put it back in, you have to make sure the pill doesnt turn or anything when its inside the hose. that pinhole thru the pill has to be able to flow air thru it

I think I nailed my problem. I had some orange silicon hose from NAPA autoparts on the area were the restrictor pill goes. The hoses were very pliable and thin, I believe they were caving in on themselves. I changed them today with regular vacuum lines and WOW does the boost feel better. One question though, when I nail it in first gear, after the turbo spools the stock Lamco guage hits 1.00 Bar and drops down to about .6 Bar. Is this normal? I am wondering if I need to perform the wastegate rod adjustment mod. I have no idea what the car feels like when it was stock, the Greddy EBC I took off recently was on it when I purchased it.

Just for future reference, and for anyone who may search and come across this post, here are some pics i took a while back and have been meaning to post up.

'02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

5spdfrk, is there any way you could take some pics of the hose routing from the wastegate solenoid to turbo inlet pipe, and some pics of the hose from the solenoid to the restrictor pill and tee? That would great if you would, if not thanks for the pics of the restictor pill.

ah, EXCELLENT pics of the pill. as far as your boost issue, first gear really isnt a good gear to test, cuz its over so quickly the engine doesnt have time to build any load. 3rd gear is probably the best gear to test your boost.

Thanks for the info. I will test on the way home from work tomorrow, 40 mile drive home should give me plenty of time to test her out

Quote Originally Posted by Damien02WRX
    5spdfrk, is there any way you could take some pics of the hose routing from the wastegate solenoid to turbo inlet pipe, and some pics of the hose from the solenoid to the restrictor pill and tee? That would great if you would, if not thanks for the pics of the restictor pill.
    Found this pic on nasioc. Hopefully this will answer all your questions. If not, I will still take some pics if needed.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Excellent pic. Question, is that 1/8" restrictor an integral part of the system? I removed that part from my current setup. Do you guys think I should put it back on?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.