My 2002 WRX VF39 dyno sheet - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2002 WRX VF39 dyno sheet within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RacEapeX omg....the earth is not round? ****! Nope its all been one hudge scandel by the Bush ...

Quote Originally Posted by RacEapeX
    omg....the earth is not round? ****!

Nope its all been one hudge scandel by the Bush Administration.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ride5000
    if you think a 300chp usdm sti really puts down 247whp then you are exactly the type of person who thinks a vf39 can make 300whp.
    Thank you for your insightful feedback. I appreciate your concerns and your ability to make a salient point without sounding overly condescending. I believe I have grown intellectually, for having read your post. Thanks a lot. It was nice talking to you.
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-07-2006 at 07:00 AM. Reason: grammar
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

wow that was great lol i am sooo sick of hearing people constantly blaming the bush administration for everything!!!
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

guido the red
    bug eye mafia for life

Hey guys. I really didn't notice that much of a difference in terms of daily drivability. The turbo does take slightly longer to hit full boost, but on the street the difference between Cobb stage 2 and the VF39 are not that noticeable.

The other (lower) numbers on my dyno sheet are Cobb stage 2 off-the-shelf map, TBE, UP, AP... that's it. My car pulls very nice in the mid-upper RPM range.

I was also quite surprised how similar the VF39 is to the VF34. Jon said they spooled almost identically and, as you can see, put down just about the same numbers pretty much. HP and TQ will change with the hour and temperature, so any dyno numbers can be give or take 5~ I'd imagine. Not a huge deal.

vzw - Nice VF39 sheet! Looks very similar to mine, power-wise. Since it was on a Mustang dyno, I would think those numbers would be closer to 275-280whp... seeing as how you have an upgraded intercooler etc.
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

Quote Originally Posted by turbo tecnica
    Hey guys. I really didn't notice that much of a difference in terms of daily drivability. The turbo does take slightly longer to hit full boost, but on the street the difference between Cobb stage 2 and the VF39 are not that noticeable.

The other (lower) numbers on my dyno sheet are Cobb stage 2 off-the-shelf map, TBE, UP, AP... that's it. My car pulls very nice in the mid-upper RPM range.

I was also quite surprised how similar the VF39 is to the VF34. Jon said they spooled almost identically and, as you can see, put down just about the same numbers pretty much. HP and TQ will change with the hour and temperature, so any dyno numbers can be give or take 5~ I'd imagine. Not a huge deal.

vzw - Nice VF39 sheet! Looks very similar to mine, power-wise. Since it was on a Mustang dyno, I would think those numbers would be closer to 275-280whp... seeing as how you have an upgraded intercooler etc.

Thanks for the info.

Most dyno's have atmospheric sensors that determine what atmospheric changes would be and they compensate for them, by changing the power output on the screen. That is actually how some dyno operators cheat. If they put the atmospheric sensors in a secluded area (like a hot damp one), and run the car in cool dry weather, the power output would be scaled up, according to how hot and damp the sensors read.
    That feature can be turned off at the software level though.

And does anyone know what would help the spoolup time for this setup? Maybe a GM boost solenoid and a retune? Anyone?
    Last edited by StarquestAndyR; 01-24-2006 at 08:15 AM.
    2002 Black WRX wagon
    1997 GMC Suburban. TURBO Diesel, 4x4 Runs on WVO

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

Any kind of boost control other than stock would help, so would a stiffer wastegate spring or a helper spring. I would recommend an EBC like the HKS EVC EZ or EVC V in conjunction with a 12psi wastegate spring (you can get aftermarket wastegates from AVO or from deadbolt I believe...)

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    Any kind of boost control other than stock would help, so would a stiffer wastegate spring or a helper spring. I would recommend an EBC like the HKS EVC EZ or EVC V in conjunction with a 12psi wastegate spring (you can get aftermarket wastegates from AVO or from deadbolt I believe...)
    fwiw, the ubiquitous 19lb home depot helper spring nets me 12psi wastegate tension on my vf23.

I think maybe when I get a new downpipe I might get it wrapped, and maybe my uppipe... though I don't know if I really feel like going through all that hassle again for the uppipe. Should save on spool time a little bit.
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

I've got a VF39 waiting to by installed, then after that I will have a similar set-up, but with a FMIC and a Utec instead of a cobb. After a pro-tune I think I should be getting close to the 300whp mark, that's my goal anyways. I've heard the vf39 is pretty capable of doing this with all the right mods. We'll see, I'll be sure to post my numbers after I get pro-tuned. Just pray for my tranny.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StarquestAndyR
    Thanks for the info.

Most dyno's have atmospheric sensors that determine what atmospheric changes would be and they compensate for them, by changing the power output on the screen. That is actually how some dyno operators cheat. If they put the atmospheric sensors in a secluded area (like a hot damp one), and run the car in cool dry weather, the power output would be scaled up, according to how hot and damp the sensors read.
    That feature can be turned off at the software level though.

And does anyone know what would help the spoolup time for this setup? Maybe a GM boost solenoid and a retune? Anyone?
    Helper spring and GM solenoid=
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

OK, thanks everyone.

All around good info on this post. I'm going to bookmark it for later when its needed.

Now - off to search for the home depot spring helper thread!
    2002 Black WRX wagon

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

Quote Originally Posted by StarquestAndyR
    OK, thanks everyone.

All around good info on this post. I'm going to bookmark it for later when its needed.

Now - off to search for the home depot spring helper thread!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589293

No way... I've got to figure out a way to complicate that... its way too easy.
    2002 Black WRX wagon

those #'s don't seem that great. It seems like you're giving up a lot more low end for just a little more topend. If i were you i would get the turbo pnp because you dont start making full power tell after 3700 when you hit full boost that should be more like 3000. I am impressed that you held power for so long. Nice #'s just get that spool up. Also on that second 39 map that drop off is pretty harsh how does it feel when you hit 6000 rpms does it just die or what?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.