New guy here....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New guy here.... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys..i am new here,and i want to say hello...I am apart of 2 other forums(for my other cars)...i just ...

New guy here....

Hey guys..i am new here,and i want to say hello...I am apart of 2 other forums(for my other cars)...i just bought my 2nd subaru(this time a turbi) Its a 2006 wrx limited,and i love it..I have one problem,,,i need mods!!!!!anyone here know what i can do to mod this bad boy?? I live in long island,and need someone i can trust for this car..any help would be appreciated..

Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a good start for something small would be a catless uppipe,,,

to get some decent easy power; a downpipe and some sort of reflash (cobb accessport or ECUtek) will make you smile ,

welcome to the club by the way
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Hey thx..what type of power gain do i get from a ecu flash on the car..i know my local subi dealer does flashes!!!!i want an exhaust but not something crazy loud..moderate would be awesome..(`must have big tip!!)Can someone give me some links to mod places/?

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    a good start for something small would be a catless uppipe,,,

He has an '06... We already have a catless uppipe.

Best bet is to get a downpipe or some form of engine management (Cobb AP, Utek, etc....) Congrats on the new car and enjoy.

FaQ!! StickyS!!

Downpipe and Tune!
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Definately get a turboback exhaust (downpipe and catback) to start. That'll free up the engine and really let it breathe. Once that is taken care of, go Stage 2 by getting some type of Engine Management (Cobb AccessPort and TurboXS UTEC are the most popular) or an ECU reflash. Stage 2 should keep you happy for a good while.

When you're ready for more power, the next step is a turbo upgrade. Here things get a little bit more tricky, in addition the turbo, you're gonna need bigger injectors a bigger fuel pump (Walboro 255 is popular) and possibily a larger intercooler depending on how wild of a turbo upgrade you go with. Finally and most importantly, you're gonna need a custom tune to dial it all in.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by boostedj30
    He has an '06... We already have a catless uppipe.

Best bet is to get a downpipe or some form of engine management (Cobb AP, Utek, etc....) Congrats on the new car and enjoy.
    woops good catch,,

im not sure what kind of numbers the 06's are putting down with a reflash but I am sure that its going to be impressive
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by detailer708
    i want an exhaust but not something crazy loud..moderate would be awesome..(`must have big tip!!)
    The Greddy EVO 2 isn't super-loud and has a big tip. http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base...greddy_evo.htm
    N.E. F4
    Mods

thx guys...can someone set me up with a package for my car..exhaust,flash,intake etc....i am in long island and need a good place here..

Try Turbo Trix or Rallispec.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by detailer708
    thx guys...can someone set me up with a package for my car..exhaust,flash,intake etc....i am in long island and need a good place here..
    You should become good friends with the search button on the top right corner There are tons of guys here that know what they are talking about and your questions have been answered already a million times over. We don't need CAI's on our cars the stock intake is free flowing enough to make reliable hp. The best thing you can do is get a downpipe and a cobb accessport, and you'll be making around 240hp at the wheels. Do some resarch..and make a decision on what you think is best for what you want to do. I've made mine..but i just dont have the cash right now. Subaru's aren't like Hondas and Toyota's..you don't mod them the same way. Look through this forum.We have a great car, enjoy! I know I am
    Last edited by abhiwan; 12-21-2005 at 10:49 PM.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I Support ClubWRX
    The only shop in the NY/NJ area worth there weight in gold is Precision Tuning (I think in "brick" nj). Sure ralli spec and others are great but the waiting list for that place is insane. PT knows there stuff and will go above and beyond whatever you need in order to assist you.

As for a good setup any basic stage 2 setup from cobb is probaly the best. It's a semi consertive tune, but if you just want more spunk in your setup it's great. Stage 2 on an 06 puts out good numbers search nasioc for a few 06 stage 2 dynos (over 200 at the wheels and over 250 lbs of torque).

Something to think about is there is more to this car then just power. You might want to get a good Front and rear sway bar set up and rear endlinks for it. Tires (althrough shouldnt need replacement till atleast 20,000 miles) are something to consider if your driving the car hard.

The 06's brakes are fairly good out of the show room but a better pad isnt a bad idea for the front/rear.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Check out MSPT. They should be local to you if your in Long Island. Many members on this board use them and I hear they have an amazing tuner.
    http://mspt.net/ their out in Strong Island.

What tires are on the 06, if their the re92's, get rid of em their horrible.

Also Precision Tuning does quality work a 100% of the time and have done numerous installs for me and buddies. But MSPT is prolly much closer to this dude.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.