what to do for safeguards before the mods begin??

This is a discussion on what to do for safeguards before the mods begin?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I will be the first one to say that I run my car pretty hard. I want to do everything ...

what to do for safeguards before the mods begin??

I will be the first one to say that I run my car pretty hard. I want to do everything in my power to keep my car running awesome like it does now. Before i start doing my mods what are the things that would be the best things to do to help my baby out?? Like should I switch to Amsoil from Mobile, change my fuel filter, change my tranny fluid and rear diff fluid to amsoil?? I have 24k miles on my car. I change my mobile every 3000 miles. Thanks for your help.

RJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Come on guys I know that you have had experience with this stuff and I have not. Please help me out. I ahve got to keep my baby healthy. Thanks

RJ

You need to do everything else you would do protect a high performance vehicle. Mobil1 or Amsoil (5W-30) are both excellent oils for turbo engines. As a rule, synthetics handle heat MUCH better than dyno juice. Just make sure you follow you service manual to the T and you'll be FINE.

The main thing you have to consider is monitoring engine health. GAUGES are clutch. Depending on what you want to do, you need a boost gauge at minimum, but EGT, and a few temp gauges are also important. As is A/F, but that is more for checking you engines state of tune.

Good questions, but I think you put this in the wrong forum, hence the lack of attention.

Also, it sometimes takes a few days for a moderate to pic up a lost thread and we have A LOT of posts recently.

-Jim

tan
    J&S knock controller, I think that is what is called.

Boost and EGT gauges, Knocklink, colderplugs, oil catch can...