what to do for safeguards before the mods begin??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what to do for safeguards before the mods begin?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I will be the first one to say that I run my car pretty hard. I want to do everything ...

what to do for safeguards before the mods begin??

I will be the first one to say that I run my car pretty hard. I want to do everything in my power to keep my car running awesome like it does now. Before i start doing my mods what are the things that would be the best things to do to help my baby out?? Like should I switch to Amsoil from Mobile, change my fuel filter, change my tranny fluid and rear diff fluid to amsoil?? I have 24k miles on my car. I change my mobile every 3000 miles. Thanks for your help.

RJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Come on guys I know that you have had experience with this stuff and I have not. Please help me out. I ahve got to keep my baby healthy. Thanks

RJ

You need to do everything else you would do protect a high performance vehicle. Mobil1 or Amsoil (5W-30) are both excellent oils for turbo engines. As a rule, synthetics handle heat MUCH better than dyno juice. Just make sure you follow you service manual to the T and you'll be FINE.

The main thing you have to consider is monitoring engine health. GAUGES are clutch. Depending on what you want to do, you need a boost gauge at minimum, but EGT, and a few temp gauges are also important. As is A/F, but that is more for checking you engines state of tune.

Good questions, but I think you put this in the wrong forum, hence the lack of attention.

Also, it sometimes takes a few days for a moderate to pic up a lost thread and we have A LOT of posts recently.

-Jim

tan
    J&S knock controller, I think that is what is called.

Boost and EGT gauges, Knocklink, colderplugs, oil catch can...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.