MRT vs. Maxim Works headers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MRT vs. Maxim Works headers within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; These questions refer to a wrx that would already have an up-pipe and full turboback. 1.-First of all, are headers ...

MRT vs. Maxim Works headers

These questions refer to a wrx that would already have an up-pipe and full turboback.

1.-First of all, are headers a "reliable" option? Any leaks, gasket problems, etc...

2.-Do they increase or decrease spool up time?

3.-Do they provide power in the higher or lower rpm range?

I know I could get more power for the same money or the same power for less money using different mods, so please don't try to suggest something else. I mearly want to know about headers, not the best "bang for the buck". I'm basically trying to decide wether(sp?) or not to get headers then UTEC or UTEC then headers or if headers are even worth it. But for the purposes of this thread , please comment on the headers portion only, as there are plenty of UTEC threads in which I can obtain the info I need.

Finally the fun question...

4.- MRT headers or Maxim Works headers? Do either have the sub-frame rubbing issue? Which performs better in which areas, high/low rpm range, spool up time, etc. Anyone know of true equal length headers that DON'T include the up-pipe section? I want to be able to get my own up-pipe. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Brent
    Last edited by hobbzz; 10-27-2002 at 08:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God
    1.-First of all, are headers a "reliable" option? Any leaks, gasket problems, etc...

If good quality it has perfect reliability like the Maxim Works.

2.-Do they increase or decrease spool up time?

The Maxim Works decrease spool up time due to their equal length design.

3.-Do they provide power in the higher or lower rpm range?

Across the board.

I know I could get more power for the same money or the same power for less money using different mods, so please don't try to suggest something else. I mearly want to know about headers, not the best "bang for the buck". I'm basically trying to decide wether(sp?) or not to get headers then UTEC or UTEC then headers or if headers are even worth it. But for the purposes of this thread , please comment on the headers portion only, as there are plenty of UTEC threads in which I can obtain the info I need.

Finally the fun question...

4.- MRT headers or Maxim Works headers? Do either have the sub-frame rubbing issue? Which performs better in which areas, high/low rpm range, spool up time, etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Maxim Works will not have any rubbing or fitment issues at all and will provde both better spool up and more power off and on boost. Can't say anything about MRT. Is theirs a true equal length? I didn't think it was.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I'm not sure and I can't remember where I saw them... where can I get the Maxim Works headers?

mrt has a new ad in turbo mag saying that their headers are equal length. Not sure if that goes from the block to turbo or if it stops at the uppipe. The maxim goes from the block to turbo... I'd say go for the maxim. It's proven by a few guys.

So if you get the maxim you don't need an aftermarket up-pipe? I don't want to have to wait until I get the headers to install the turboback, and I wouldn't want to drive around with a turboback and still have the stock up-pipe with the cat. So I'd prefer to get headers that DON"T include the up-pipe section/area. What about Cusco, HKS, or others? Are any equal length? Which ones, WITHOUT THE UP-PIPE SECTION, would you recommend after the Maxim Works? I just read another thread on headers and it makes me ask this... are headers a good idea to be running with the stock turbo? Where can I get all of these headers? I've only seen the Cusco ones at SPI motorsports.

Brent
    Last edited by hobbzz; 10-27-2002 at 08:46 PM.

dont know much about either but did a simple search on google... says "Equal length headers provode upto 25 hp and 25 lbs of torque. Headers also include uppipe. This is the nicest header you can buy for your WRX. " and has a pic here's the link

http://www.subarupower.com/maxworhead.html

the pic looks like the uppipe is catless am i right god? (the pic is kinda small)

oh wow i just looked at the pic of the mrt headers and they ARE NOT equal length....

http://www.subarupower.com/mrtheader.html

God
    If you want to see pics here:
    Maxim Works header pics!
    I took them myself and I see other dealers are "borrowing" them without my permission.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Originally posted by God
    I took them myself and I see other dealers are "borrowing" them without my permission.
    Here are a couple of ways to keep that from happening.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/comput...0963973007.htm

Or...

http://www.kagi.com/equitysoft/marker.html
    Last edited by AaronC; 10-28-2002 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.