Up-pipe question ?

This is a discussion on Up-pipe question ? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok just got me an HKS up-pipe installed and noticed no difference in power, isnt it suppose to spool up ...

Up-pipe question ?

Ok just got me an HKS up-pipe installed and noticed no difference in power, isnt it suppose to spool up sooner too cause right now it seems to be at the same spot around 3k rpm?
    All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You wont notice too much power gain on the butt dyno, but you should definatly feel an increase in spool. When I installed my uppipe, it started to spool at around 2400 RPM.

Did you reset the ECU? If you really aren't feeling any difference in spool, maybe you should go back and check for leaks.

My spool up and low end were increased but the RPM where I hit full boost didnt change much. I get more low end now with more boost coming below 3k.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Well today was about 45 to 50 degrees and some dude wanted me to step on it at neutral so I did but noticed some white smoke coming out of the tailpipe, now it looked like condensation but never really saw this at these temps before, so can the up-pipe cause a bit more smoke to come out ?
    All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy !

I don't really know what you mean by more smoke, but you are eliminating a cat, so yes, I guess it could cause more smoke to come out....

I wouldnt say its alot of smoke since it disappears quickly but when i step on it you do notice it alot more then I did before, hmm probably never paid attention to it before but I am running totally cat-less and temps were around mid 40ish so could have been condensation...

Quote Originally Posted by y0ureviltwin
    ... I am running totally cat-less ...
    And you're wondering why you're seeing some smoke out the rear?

Ya know I'm just givin' ya a hard time.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI