05 wrx/STi owner please reply
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 wrx/STi owner please reply within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just picked up an 05 wrx we know that it comes with a 260 watts standard sound system with ...

Question 05 wrx/STi owner please reply

I just picked up an 05 wrx
    we know that it comes with a 260 watts standard sound system with a subwoofer underneath the passenger seat.
    By passenger seat they are refering to the front passenger seat right?
    and if they are refering to the front passenger seat then can you guys see the subwoofer? or is it underneath the carpet?
    cause i cant really see mine so im a bit concerned

thank you
    Lawrence

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its like 12X8X2 black box thingy that is glued to the carpet. yes its under the seat, yes you can see it if you look or if your seat if foward, main thing i hated about it was you get your feet caught on it.

so its actually a box that you see?
    thats it i gotta go back to my dealer...i dont see anything there. Something is defenately fishy

u can definitely see it...very obvious, and you can feel the slight bass you get, sounds nice, much nicer than my wrx without it!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

alls I have is carpet floor...this is very disapointing...how can a dealer do this to you. after you pay so much money and then they keep stuff out..WTF?
    what action can i take about this? any suggestion?

aOh
    I just got my 05 WRX not to long ago as well. I'm not a big sound guy so i didnt think twice about the sub, however one of my friends asked about it. I looked under both seats didnt see jack although i have pretty decent bass for my taste. I'm not that worried about it i could honestly care less, but im curious to know your outcome. Good luck.

Oh yeah as far as the dealer goes. Mine has taken care of every stupid thing i complaind about (tiny tiny scratches in paint etc.) im sure if you just go to the guy you bought it from you can get it solved. You might want to make sure your WRX is supposed to come with a sub before you make yourself look like an ass.

aO

I Support ClubWRX
    It's amazing, the difference in audio needs around here. I had the sound "upgrade", complete with wimpy passenger side seat subwoofer, too. It was out and replaced with trunk-mounted Basslink in no time.

Yeah, it's a conspicuous black box with wires leading into the center console.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

First approach the dealer with a positive attitude and show them your dealer sticker showing where you paid for the subwoofer and say I don't have it and would like to either be reimbursed the money or have the situation resolved.

If the situation is not resolved quickly then this is where you get nasty. Honestly though I can't see a dealer ever denying you. Unless it looks like it was there and looks like you removed it so you could screw the dealer. Doubt that's how it would look though.
    Last edited by scooby24; 03-30-2005 at 07:08 AM.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

thanks you guys for the reply
    guys please dont misunderstand me that i'm freaking out or something because I dont have the sub underneath the seat. Its the whole thing about taking parts out before they sold you car. I am 100% sure that 05 wrx comes with standard 6 disk indash cd player with 260 watts of sound system with a amplified sub underneath the seat. I even went over the brochure with the sales person.

Lawrence

Are all 2005s suppose to come with that sub? Are they all the 260 watt sound system? All I know is I have an in dash 6 cd changer I am not an audiophile so I didnt look into the sound system specs. Ill check under my seat at lunch.

supposedly if u call 1-800-subaru3 they will tell you that it was a misprint and that you can go screw yourself. I work a a dealer(chevrolet- im a sales man), if u want it resolved go to the salesperson and the manager and disscus it with them. Keep corprate out of it, cause they are way smarter that you.
    I just got my new WRX and Im once again completely addicted to turbo boost

-Worx dual stage BOV (50% intake 50% atmosphere)
    -Cobb Accesport stage 1
    -cleared headlamps (pm for info on this freebie)

Lawrence, check your window sticker to make sure the subwoofer/amp option was included on your car. Subaru.com specifically shows this as a $235 option on '05 WRXs. It it possible that your car didn't come with that option?

the 260 watt is a misprint in the brochure. it is really 140 watts. the sub is under the passenger seat. you would notice it if you saw it. SOA told me that the 260 is for one of the other subaru's and it is not for the impreza.
    chris

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres my subwoofer.....son of Bs im driving all the way downtown for this one

The subwoofer is not standard equipment. Its an option, I wasn't sure if that was clear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.