sub question

This is a discussion on sub question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; my subwoofer did not come with the little "ring" that goes between the woofer and the enclosure to make it ...

sub question

my subwoofer did not come with the little "ring" that goes between the woofer and the enclosure to make it air tight. what should i use as a replacement? rubber, silicone, ...etc. when my bass hits, i get a little "buzz". it's like a tiny vibration but it distorts the bass sound. i took out the sub and played it out of the enclosure and it sounds fine. so it must be a little space between the woofer and the enclosure when it is mounted in the bass tube.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the driver is a popular model you can order a ring specifically for it; you might try Madisound or some place like that.

You can also cut your own with rubber or even cork. Think of it as a simple gasket.

You can use silicone to seal it up but it'll likely be messy and smelly.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

go pick up a roll of adhesive foam weatherseal from home depot. It's a flexible foam strip about 3/8-5/8" wide. Just stick it around the hole, and put the sub on top. It will compress as you screw it in and form a nice, tight seal.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    what he said ^ ^ ^ ^
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.