Sub Solutions

This is a discussion on Sub Solutions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I want to put in a subwoofer(s) in the trunk of my 04 WRX sedan. I'm looking for loud bass ...

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar

Question Sub Solutions

I want to put in a subwoofer(s) in the trunk of my 04 WRX sedan. I'm looking for loud bass that can get me some attention. What sub combo have you found the loudest? I'll probably either get one 12" or two 10". Let me know what has worked for you. Post pics if you have any.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    i have (1) 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Series Sub that beats out the JL Audio W3.
    i also have Alpine MRD-501M Mono Channel Subwoofer Amp. CRANKS THE POWER.
    "you need to ask yourself, do you NEED this car? Of course not. Then you need to ask yourself can you picture yourself driving this car? OF COURSE!"

Two tens will prob hit harder than one twelve of the same model, as they have more total cone area. YOu would be surprised how far two tens will take you, and I've always been a fan of 10" subs. Have a ported box built by a shop that knows what they're doing (ie no pre-fab boxes if you want max performance). But whatever you do order online b/c paying retail at a sound shop will break you.
    I just installed my system with 2 12" Treo TSX fed by a Soundstream Van Gogh amp (800x1rms bridged). It takes up a lot of space but i paid a lot for the subs and wasn't about to get rid of them (they were in my Civic). I have all the bass I need.
    Now I just need an Optima Yellowtop, H.O. alternator, Cobb AP, TBE, and some nice 17" rims, and I will be done. I will be a ***** for overtime hours it looks like.