Roll Call On Aftermarket Speakers......

This is a discussion on Roll Call On Aftermarket Speakers...... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Thinking about getting MB quart component for the front (5.25) and Infinity Kappa (5.25) for the back. Wondering if it's ...

Roll Call On Aftermarket Speakers......

Thinking about getting MB quart component for the front (5.25) and Infinity Kappa (5.25) for the back. Wondering if it's going to be a problem fitting those size in my wrx. I need those of you input on your after market speakers size. Thanks.....

-John
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you shouldn't have any issues with the quarts as long as you get the proper spacers....I'm planning on getting the PCE216's for my suby here in a couple weeks........
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

will the stock head unit power those speakers?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

from my understanding, mb quarts really want to be given plenty of power. i'm sure they will work on the head unit power, but without an upgraded head unit and amp you wont see much of an improvement over the stock speakers. with spacers you can actually fit 6.5" speakers in the front and 5.25" speakers in the rear (as opposed to 5.25 and 4 from the factory, respectively).
    i recently got an alpine 9835 and hope to add some CDT 6.5" components to the front soon. i'd really like to add an amp, but its just not in the budget right now. from what i've heard CDTs are great speakers and are very affordable compared to many other quality brands. if anyone is interested in them get in touch with me and i can point you to an authorized dealer for them who has really been taking care of me.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I just had some speakers installed in my 02 wrx this weekend. First off I went to Circuit City and wanted to get some infinites put in. I told them 6 1/2 component in front and 5 1/4 3 way in back. Then they called me and told me that it wouldn't fit with a 1in spacer. So picked up the car and told them to F@#K off. The manager was an ass, he said to me "good luck", even though i showed him how infinites fit in our doors. Well to make things short, took it to a professional stero shop, got Kove 6 1/2 components installed in the front with Eclipse 5 1/4 three ways in the back. I had a Diamond Amp installed just in case i wanted to add a subwoofer later. Everything fit perfect with 1/2 inch spacers. Had to mod the door panel a little bit but not much. Hopefully this will help you select what you want. GO BIG!!!

I just had some speakers installed in my 02 wrx this weekend. First off I went to Circuit City and wanted to get some infinites put in. I told them 6 1/2 component in front and 5 1/4 3 way in back. Then they called me and told me that it wouldn't fit with a 1in spacer. So picked up the car and told them to F@#K off. The manager was an ass, he said to me "good luck", even though i showed him how infinites fit in our doors. Well to make things short, took it to a professional stero shop, got Kove 6 1/2 components installed in the front with Eclipse 5 1/4 three ways in the back. I had a Diamond Amp installed to run the components and just in case i wanted to add a subwoofer later. Everything fit perfect with 1/2 inch spacers. Had to mod the door panel a little bit but not much. Diamond and Kove audio are really good brands. Diamonds are really, really, nice but pricey. Hopefully this will help you select what you want. GO BIG!!!

skibum- You are definatly going to need a subwoofer. I originally overlooked that component thinking I would have enough bass from my midrnges....wrong....I went and installed a sub the next day. I should have done that first. I am using Focal 165 V slim comps driven by Alpine amp. CDA-9833 and Orion sub 400W. More than adequate. I havent left my car in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wrxsw
    skibum- You are definatly going to need a subwoofer. I originally overlooked that component thinking I would have enough bass from my midrnges....wrong....I went and installed a sub the next day. I should have done that first. I am using Focal 165 V slim comps driven by Alpine amp. CDA-9833 and Orion sub 400W. More than adequate. I havent left my car in a week.
    +1 on the sub's
    I have 6.5 MB quart Q's in front and reference 5.25 in back powered by kenwood 2din ddx7015 (?), and xtant amp. Needless to say, it was awesome but was always "missing something"...lol....I added 2 10" subs. WOW x 10. Thats what i wanted .

yeah, i'm adding a sub here in the next month or so. I'm going with a 12" sub. Yeah there's too much mid's and highs in the car right now, Need sub badly. Something lightweight in a enclosure, any suggestions?

I have a Kicker solobaric S10 L7 and an Audiobahn amp. It does not take up the whole trunk, and I am running 1296 watts, so it is very loud. I do Auto-x, so I did not want to get too heavy either, it sounds good, I enjoy it.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Waiting to go in is most of the gear that was in my Civic. Alpine CDA-9831, CDT CL-61 6.5" comps for the front, CL-5 mids for the rear doors (highs powered by Punch 501x 65x4 rms), subs are two 12" Treo TSX in a slot ported box powered by a SOundstream Van Gogh VGA 800.2 (200x2 rms, bridged 4 ohm mono 800x1rms). The CDT's are en-route, I purchased them new for the Rex. I am aware of the space limitations in the front doors but my shop didn't seem to be concerned about fitting them. I have heard very good things about them such as smooth tweets and good midbass response, which was lacking with my old Inf. References.
    Ciao.

I used to have two 12s in the trunk when I had my old ride. I ran a 4 channel pheonix gold and a 2 channel kicker. Had fun with it for a few months until it got stolen, right in front of my house! They left nothing.... I told myself that I would never invest in a system again. But I need a bit of good quality sound, so I got an aftermarket head unit, amp, and going to upgrade speakers (ONLY.) I would love to add subs, but I don't want to risk it. Can I run one 12 with my 4 channel speakers amp?

BTW,
    Where do you fellas buy the spacers? Would I need it for front and back? How much?
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 02-15-2005 at 09:02 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM