Sirius Vs. XM - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sirius Vs. XM within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i dont see how you guys say sirius has a good selection. my dad has it in his car and ...

i dont see how you guys say sirius has a good selection. my dad has it in his car and i dont like it very much other than the trance channels. they play all the songs on a loop and its a very small list per channel and you really only get one channel for a certain type of music. ive never used XM, but if i were to go with a satellite radio id try XM
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have Sirius and like it a lot, but admittedly I havent heard XM at all. I did hear however that the rumor about the two merging is BS. It doesnt seem plausible at all, it would create a monopoly

The one thing I like better about XM is the MLB coverage
    but since I'm a howard stern fan I guess it's a tradeoff
    Why are we trying to cash a bill?
    my car

is there any difference in sound quality?

i havent heard XM yet
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    is there any difference in sound quality?

i havent heard XM yet
    that all depends on your stero setup basically. the only thing that could sound bad is if your using an FM modulator and the frequency your on produces a little static. My dad uses the tape and it sounds just like a cd
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

i have Sirius running through my Alpine HU (SIR-ALP1 kit). i'm happy with it. chose sirius, for the football, stern and because i'm always on the road and hate searching for a station. what i've been listening to lately is the First Wave channel (22).

FWIW, Once you have a Sirius account, you can listen to in on you PC though streaming for no additional charge (listening to it right now). XM Radio Online is an extra $3.99 to the regular subscription or $7.99 stand alone.
    Last edited by Quack; 02-06-2005 at 06:49 AM.

i have XM in my EVO through a alpine headunit... i LOVE IT... i have sirius on my dish network on my tv.. the selections are not a large as xm but they are good.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.