New Head Unit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New Head Unit within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; If you are having trouble getting rid of a perfectly good working stock head unit for your i-pod, check this ...

If you are having trouble getting rid of a perfectly good working stock head unit for your i-pod, check this out. http://www.monstercable.com/icruze/s...fo_icruze1.asp It is pretty much the same thing as the alpine unit, but you dont have to buy an alpine head unit for it to work. Not sure if it works with subarus, but scan through the site, its pretty interesting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dunno if you've got your heart set on that head unit, but other brands offer easier ways to have external inputs. I know Aiwa among other brands has 3.5mm jacks if that'd be high enough quality for you. Total cost to hook an iPod up to that would be more like $2, instead of $120. I'm in the same boat with my Kenwood, except the cable is $50 or so.

So, pardon the cross-linkage, but I'm still trying to sell my 9827. buy my deck!

$150. Half the Crutchfield price.
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

The headunit shoudl be here in a few days.. now it's off to purchase the interface adapter and some other bits

I want the alpine so I can see the iPod display on teh headunit... that way I don't have to fiddle with the iPod and cna lock it in my glove compartment out of sight.

I will show you all pictures when I am done...
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

I had that exact set up in my focus...loved it. gonna put it in my wrx asap. The CDA9827 with the KCA adapter, 20GB ipod and the Belkin holder. here are some pics

is there any other place to install the controller. That's in yoru glove box right? Somepace out of hte way and unseen? Maybe under the passenger seat. IF I ever get an amp I guess I will have to move it but for now I think I shoudl be fine for a while.
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieJeep
    is there any other place to install the controller. That's in yoru glove box right? Somepace out of hte way and unseen? Maybe under the passenger seat. IF I ever get an amp I guess I will have to move it but for now I think I shoudl be fine for a while.
    yeah you can move it wherever you want to...as long as its prolly within 3'...i think thats how long the cable is

Does anybody have the part #'s for the Forrester and Legacy DIN pockets?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

66128SA040 Din Pocket - Flip down Lid - Silver - Genuine Subaru Part

66120AE050 Din Pocket - Flip down Lid Black- Genuine Subaru Part

i got mine at subaru of gwinnett. they dont have them listed on their site but call them at 866-715-9536 and ask for parts. they had great prices on them (~$23 shipped) and it came quickly.

bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123