Big Ups to Soundwaves in Van Nuys!

This is a discussion on Big Ups to Soundwaves in Van Nuys! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just had my complete system installed by clubwrx.net vendor Soundwaves in Van Nuys. front & rear speakers, sub, amp, ...

Big Ups to Soundwaves in Van Nuys!

I just had my complete system installed by clubwrx.net vendor Soundwaves in Van Nuys. front & rear speakers, sub, amp, sirius, kenwood HU, and dynamat. Everything came out very nice. Sounds really good!

Thanks for hooking it up Claudiu - ej20fan... Took longer than expected BUT... Daniel did an excellent job!

I'll be sure to refer my friends over to your shop in the future!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are you the one with the red wagon?
    if so how did you like how it came out?
    soundwaves has done all our family work and we love it, clauieu has done our kenwood dvd in dash unit on my husbands car and his subs (05 wrx) tomorrow we are doing front stage and another amp on our new 05 legacy gt.
    also if you were the one with the red wagon, how quiet is it after dynamat?

for our family another bump for soundwaves!!!!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Thanks for the great replies.

Brian, sorry to hear it took longer, I leave early on Sundays, and wasn't there to crack my whip. I'm glad that everything worked out though. How much, if any Dynamat did you have left over?? Let me know. I'll be glad to throw it on for free to make up for your time.

Also, most importantly...how does it sound??
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by sil&duckswrx
    are you the one with the red wagon?
    if so how did you like how it came out?
    soundwaves has done all our family work and we love it, clauieu has done our kenwood dvd in dash unit on my husbands car and his subs (05 wrx) tomorrow we are doing front stage and another amp on our new 05 legacy gt.
    also if you were the one with the red wagon, how quiet is it after dynamat?

for our family another bump for soundwaves!!!!
    Yup, I have the red wagon. The dynamat worked good. No rattles anywhere and the exterior road noise has been reduced.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Thanks for the great replies.

Brian, sorry to hear it took longer, I leave early on Sundays, and wasn't there to crack my whip. I'm glad that everything worked out though. How much, if any Dynamat did you have left over?? Let me know. I'll be glad to throw it on for free to make up for your time.

Also, most importantly...how does it sound??
    I think I have about 1/2 of the box of dynamat left. Cool thanks, I'll give you a call to set up an appointment in January to get the extra dynamat installed.

The system sounds really good. I'm still tweaking the audio settings on the exceleon headunit. Since I have no idea what all the khz numbers mean, I've just been doing trial & error. I just figured out how to activate the pre-amp mute. LOL. Can you tell me how I should adjust the HPF (rear & front) & LPF settings?

hey timeless, lets compare installs, i have my car in pieces doing the system hardcore style, wanna see the setup let me know!!

sure... post your pics!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by sil&duckswrx
    hey timeless, lets compare installs, i have my car in pieces doing the system hardcore style, wanna see the setup let me know!!
    Ben, which one are you referring to ...the WRX, or the pimpin' Legacy GT??

We're still waiting to hear back from Rockford about your woofer. We should have word as to when it'll be here any day now. The good news is that the RA went through and that they're fixing it.

Brian, the KHz are frequencies in the sound spectrum. The subsonic begins around 200 Hz, bass/low end between 200-500 Hz, mid-range is between 500-2000 Hz (2 KHz), and 2 to about 12 Khz and up would be your highs. Anything below or above that is usually felt more than it is actually heard, especially with the subsonic frequencies, as their name implies. The notes/frequencies are below the spectrum of human hearing. There are expections, and some people can hear 30 Hz, but it is usually the reverbs that are much higher in pitch, a few octaves up, rather than the 30 Hz wave that we hear when listening to subs. I hope that this helps you tune it. When you bring it by next time, I can hook it up to our RTA, it's basically a acoustic-Dyno.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Claudia, check bounced, get back with me.
    Last edited by paintbalinpaul; 02-23-2005 at 01:40 PM.
    Traces of day

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's Claudiu but I'll forgive you. I've already sent PM. Thanks for editing. I'll help you get back those funds from Dave any way you want. If need be...and I hope it does not come to that... feel free to have an attorney call me. I no longer work there, and though work performed at the site was great, I had to quit working there. Your case was a major reason. Let me know if you need anything. Try calling him directly at the store (818) 787-7166. He's there every day except Thursday, and comes in at 1pm PST on Sunday. Ironically because he goes to church, which I have my own issues with as he has a tendency to give Chrisitans a bad name.