STi audio?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi audio? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am picking up an 04 STi next weekend and it has no audio compenents in it.....if i cant find ...

STi audio?

I am picking up an 04 STi next weekend and it has no audio compenents in it.....if i cant find an oem 6disc then i am just gonna get some reasonable priced (but reputable manufacturer) head unit. It also has no speakers in it. I need someone to help me with what size speakers and what i need. I know nothing about car audio. I dont need expensive stuff, just a nice cheap setup. If some people could list some suggestions and sizes and hardware (harnesses, spacers, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    <---------------------I dont have the sonic WRX anymore....decided it was time for an upgrade!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first off...congrats on your new STi. for your speakers they are 6.5 inch in the front doors and 4 inches in the back doors. u might have to put some spacers in the front if u have a speaker with a bigger magnet. as for the head unit, the 6 disc is cool for now, but if u want to upgrade later on, i would recommend an alpine or pioneer. i know a lot of other ppl will say alpine or pioneer too and some will say others like kenwood or other brands. its all in what youre looking for. tell us what kind of sound youre lookin for (and not just "i what it loud") i like that the fact the 04 STi doesnt come with a stereo as a standard. subaru understands that many of their customers will just upgrade their systems anyways.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

I dont need crazy bass, and i dont need super loud! i just need a nice overall setup for not too much money.....i wanna do the headunit and speakers for NO MORE THAN 275-300. Thanks
    <---------------------I dont have the sonic WRX anymore....decided it was time for an upgrade!

Want to buy a complete "upgraded" stock setup from my WRX? I bet it'd fit

Crap-ass "subwoofer" and everything.

^^^^^^^^^ yeah i am def interested in the wrx system! does this include the changer? i added you to my AIM, my AIM name is fnxpunk. Let me know whats up and we can do this!

I used a kit from this company: http://iaperformance.com/ to install speakers in my STi. You can use 5 1/4" or 6.5" speakers in the front doors and 4" or 5 1/4" in the rear doors with this kit. You also have options for the thickness of the speaker rings, which allows for more speaker options while not sacrificing your ability to roll the window down.

Trim the door panel in the way that they recommend. It makes a huge difference.
    '04 Alpine White STi

Quote Originally Posted by ~WRBlue'02
    I used a kit from this company: http://iaperformance.com/ to install speakers in my STi. You can use 5 1/4" or 6.5" speakers in the front doors and 4" or 5 1/4" in the rear doors with this kit. You also have options for the thickness of the speaker rings, which allows for more speaker options while not sacrificing your ability to roll the window down.

Trim the door panel in the way that they recommend. It makes a huge difference.
    Man I was about to flip out when I took the door off of my sti and I couldn't get the 5 1/4 to fit at all. So I need this adaptor kit in order to install normal aftermarket speakers right? There are only 3 screws in the door and it doesn't fit my kicker 5 1/4 speakers at all. Should I get the thick or thin kit? I got the kicker kit with tweeters, that kit should work for those also right? I got rockford fosgate 4 inch for the back too. Hoping that I can get these to fit as they weren't the cheapest things around Thanks for your help,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.