Alpine Stereo Installation into MY05 STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Alpine Stereo Installation into MY05 STI within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Having installed a couple of stereos in my old RSX, I am somewhat competent when it comes to installing them, ...

Alpine Stereo Installation into MY05 STI

Having installed a couple of stereos in my old RSX, I am somewhat competent when it comes to installing them, but I have a couple questiosn regarding the purchase of this headunit and installing it:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FKKWyMJ...s&i=500CDA9835

Since Crutchfield doesn't have the 05 listed yet, what kind of cable adaptors will I need? Are installation instructions the same as on the MY04?

Also, on a side note, does anyone have any experience with this headunit? I am getting it with the intent of also getting thr iPod interface with it:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FKKWyMJ...0KCA420I&o=&a=

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    The wiring harness should be the same as Subaru haven't changed their harnesses in a while. If you get a Scoche harness, it's SU-03. I just installed a 9835 into my WRX and it's an awesome HU. The install should be the same as well for the 05 as the 02-04's.

Calvin

Thanks for the help.

Also, as far as the iPod adaptor goes, I was reading that the new 2005 models would have better support for the iPod. When do the new 2005's come out?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The harness is the same, but the 05 has a amplified antenna. Make sure that you connect the power antenna wire to the harness, or, in case your radio does not have this feature, connect it to the accessory/RED wire. If not, you will not get any FM/AM reception.

The radio is ISO mount, very easy. Harness is the same from last year, with the only difference being outlined abve, and you need to get a universal pocket kit for the empty DIN size slot under the radio. A lot of people have gotten the Legacy one with the flap.

I personally still think you're doing yourself an injustice by not getting a 7015.

Here's a 04 with it. The 05 looks even better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi PNAV.jpg  
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Just in case you're wondering... that Alpine radio is VERY GOOD. I've worked with a few, and I can't wait to get my account at CES. I just personally prefer, and have in my WRX, the Excelon 7015
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I actually went to the store to buy the alpine and ipod unit and I thought it was horrible. Scrolling through a lot of music easily is what makes the ipod an ipod, and the alpine unit was horrible for finding music. I also could not find out how to just scroll through artists, it seems like all you can do is play lists. It also was sorta buggy when scrolling. I dont know...

Anyone have one yet?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I personally like a simple Auxilliary adaptor/input and controlling everything through the iPod. It's a heck of a lot cheaper, with no difference in sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I personally like a simple Auxilliary adaptor/input and controlling everything through the iPod. It's a heck of a lot cheaper, with no difference in sound quality.
    yeah i use the alpine KCA-121b for my sirius so i dont have to worry about a wireless fm mod. its a lot cheaper to get this $15 harness than the $100 ipod hook up. if u want to control the music/ipod from your deck then yeah fork over the hundred bucks. but if u think u can drive and use your ipod at the same time by all means, save yourself some money and get the $15 harness. it hooks up to the ai-net plug on alpine decks. i can see the benefit of the ipod hookup, just control everything from one source instead of messing with two systems, like changing the song with the ipod and turning up the volume with the deck. but i dont have an ipod so im out
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

i just got the alpine ipod hook up, So far i like it, i can scroll through albums, or artists with out a problem, it is a little slower then the ipod itself but it is nice to be able to keep the ipod out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan

What kind of adaptor? Does it charge as it plays?
    Last edited by Xenotaku; 10-27-2004 at 10:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.