My new setup
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My new setup within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Almost finished with the interior. I need to make it look a little more like its ment to be in ...

My new setup

Almost finished with the interior. I need to make it look a little more like its ment to be in there. Damm cup holder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new setup.jpg  
    Last edited by spencerxi; 10-22-2004 at 07:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Looks sweet dude! What LCD screen and head unit did you get?
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

6"pixelon tm-600

It was about $160 and I'm really pleased with the quality of the picture.
    DVD player is in the glove box

head unit is a panasonic cq-c5310u. I'm also pretty pleased with the deck

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    That's a good setup. You should consider a 7". I can email pic's of the Kaminari WRX we had to build for HIN at my shop. It had a 7" screen where your 6" is, a radio up top, just like yours, but a fiberglassed DIN sized DVD where the ash tray used to sit. I'll try and post some pic's if I can cut them down to size.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Hope this fits. This is a pic of the entire dash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRXDash.jpg  
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

thats real nice, I was thinking about going that route also. The 7" looks like it fits better

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The problem with a 7" is that there will be no room for the buttons. So unless you know how to work with delicate circuits, I might not recommend this as a DYI. Case in point, notice the buttons that were inserted into the trim piece to the right of the screen. I'm sure that there are some screens out there though that will not give you that problem. Let me know if I can help with any of it.

Claudiu Ene

Looks very nice! Did you paint your dash pieces black?

sexy...how much for the entire setup...?

yea I painterd the dash pieces semi flat black, whole setup cost $160 for the screen, 200 for the deck, 60 for the guage holder(where the HU is) and 145 for the dvd player in the glove box

Yeah what was involved for mounting the head unit at that spot? Did you get a kit from somewhere or what all did you have to do?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I got the Empty Gauge Pack Housing from this place

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/wrx-interior.html

It wasnt that hard to do. YOu haave to feed the wires up to where the clock was and the give you metal caseing that will fit your head unit. Screw it together and place the plastic cover on top. Ther you have it.

so the metal thing in the pic is what your headunit slides into?
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

very nice install very clean looking

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.