how do you use your ipod in your car? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on how do you use your ipod in your car? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I use the Monster cable FM transmitter/charger and Belkin ipod stand that fits in the cup holder. There is a ...

I use the Monster cable FM transmitter/charger and Belkin ipod stand that fits in the cup holder. There is a little bit of hiss but my car is so damn loud I don't notice it much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FM modulators suck. If your deck has aux inputs, use em. You might need an adapter, but it sounds sooooo much better than the i-trips or whatever they're called. Plus, it'll charge the ipod at the same time.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

I run mine off my aftermarket pioneer headunit. Nothing special, just needed one that had a aux input in the back but it has been great so far. I also have the belkin charger wired up to an extra cigarette lighter that turns on when the car turns on. Sounds great, only thing is that I have a popping/ticking sound (the guy at radioshack told me its from the spark plugs and I was ble to confirm it online ) but its pretty annoying when a song is relatively mellow, but its not that bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02691.JPG   DSC02695.JPG  

^^ sweet case i have the same one, uh unfortunately im using a crappy fm transmitter, but im purchasing a alpine cda-9857 when it comes out http://www.crutchfield.com/S-axaLWiM...7&i=500CDA9857
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Drive faster

I don't have an Ipod, I have a Zen model from Creative Labs. I use the tape deck from the stereo, I tried the FM transmitter and didn't like it (wasn't very consistent, frequency not so clear). The only problem that I have with the cassette hookup is that I go through the tapes and have to replace them like once every three months. I'm going to have to be brave and try that "hardwire" Mod sometime in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Stiwagun
    how did you get the ipod display on the screen? is that a jensen dvd player? i think i have the same one and would love to be able to do that

Its actually the new avic n3. Has new ipod controls.
    Drive faster

Quote Originally Posted by Stiwagun
    Its actually the new avic n3. Has new ipod controls.
    darn, i didn't even know those could do that, i would have spent the extra cash

If you're looking for a deck, just find something that says I-pod ready. You just need the adapter, but can control everything from the deck. Pretty sweet.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12