Pioneer's Bada$$ new stereo equipment

View Poll Results: Which one would you get?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • DEH-P8MP/AVX-P8DVD

1 14.29%
  • AVIC-N1

6 85.71%

This is a discussion on Pioneer's Bada$$ new stereo equipment within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Wow. I have some money to spend on a new headunit setup in my car and the new Pioneer stuff ...

Pioneer's Bada$$ new stereo equipment

Wow. I have some money to spend on a new headunit setup in my car and the new Pioneer stuff is just ridiculously cool. I can't figure out if I want the AVIC-N1 unit of the DEH-P8MP setup with the AVX-P8DVD display. Check out how insanly nice these things are and vote which one you would get please.

Pioneer AVIC-N1 DVD/GPS System: www.avic-n1.com
    Pioneer DEH-P8MP/AVX-P8DVD System (Scroll all the way to the bottom when you click on the link)
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...060179,00.html

One has GPS and the other has a really nice layout, one has more power and the other just looks insanly nice. Props to Pioneer!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Double DIN setup with the AVX-P8DVD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bapioneer.bmp  

And the AVIC-N1 unit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avic-n1.JPG  

thats a tuff choice man...visual vs performance. I've got the same problem byself. I've got an Alpine CDA-7998 and thinkin about getting the Pioneer AVIC-N1. I cant make up my mind about this. Should I keep my alpine deck??? or ditch it for a dvd/nav/mp3/touchsceen deck? The performance and customization on the alpine beats the avic-n1 bar none, but i do like the fact i can play dvds. PLEASE HELP!
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

Get the Eclipse Double DIN DVD/nav unit instead.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Kenwood DDX 7015.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Nah, no Eclipse or Kenwood. I currently have a Kenwood and I HATE it! It is the most poorly designed DVD player there is. Anyways it is between the 2 Pioneers and I am still deadlocked, keep the opinions coming please!

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealththx
    Nah, no Eclipse or Kenwood. I currently have a Kenwood and I HATE it! It is the most poorly designed DVD player there is. Anyways it is between the 2 Pioneers and I am still deadlocked, keep the opinions coming please!
    I hate to shock you, but having tried both, I can vouch that the Pioneer loses the quality race on this one. The Excelon 7015 is far superior to the AVIC-N1 or the P8. Eclipse on the other hand, well if you like expensive paperweights.....Not all, only their double din. I move between 10-15k of each every month, and have many more returns/defectives with pioneer than Kenwood. They are awkward to use, and extremely counter-intuitive, but then so is buying a Subaru, for the rest of the world. In the end, it'll be in your car, and you'll have to suffer all glory or consequences of this decision. Talk to some more people that have played/tried both. I'm not knocking the Pioneer, I'm just saying that the Kenwood is better. Also, hit me up when you're ready. I'll cut you a killer deal on the AVIC-N, or the 7015 when you're ready.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i just sent in my check to get the pioneer...ill let u know how it is when i get it
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Yeah the P9 is one of the best but I ended up getting the double DIN P8 because I decided I didn't want the navigation.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    How much did you pay??

The cd player part was $287.93 and the DVD screen was $671.98 compared to the AVIC-N1 which is like $1400 at the cheapest.