Aftermarket Speakers... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Speakers... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by RyaNT 6.5 isnt gonna fit directly.. i am gonna get kenwood excelon 5 .25 and 4" cuz ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by RyaNT
    6.5 isnt gonna fit directly.. i am gonna get kenwood excelon 5 .25 and 4" cuz they are good co axal speakers.. they run u some money but i like them alot..
    Sure they will. Even with the 5.25 you'll need to install a plate to let the smaller speaker fit in the bigger hole. Either way, you'll need to use extra pieces, so you might as well go with the 6.5. It just seems logical that if both require brackets, you might as well go with the bigger/better sounding one. I'm not saying 5.25 are bad, just that a 6.5 when comparing speaker to speaker, will give you more sound, better mid-bass and handle more power.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what brand 6.5"?
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

once you would have those thick spacers for the front...what is the speaker depth that you can fit in their?, also without a spacer, what is the speaker mounting depth for the rear doors?
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Rear 4" should not be a problem. Unlikely that you'll even find a 4" that will NOT fit. 6.5 in the front is the tricky part. I can fit anything in the front, except that this requires moving the window rail and mounting the speaker against the door panel. This is not difficult, and can be a DYI project if you've got the proper materials and skills. If you lack either, don't attempt to test your install prowess on this one, as you'll most likely end up with major window problems and possibly a broken window.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

so without skill just go for the 5.25 replacements?
    2004 WRB WRX
    -Turbo guage
    -Short Shifter
    -Premium Package
    -RS-Limited Ricochet 18" Gunmetal w/ Polished Lip
    -TeiN S Techs
    -Turbo XS RFL Exhaust
    -Alpine IVA-D300 MMS
    -Alpine 2005 Type-R's (2 12's)
    -MA Audio 3600 watt digital Amp (Mono)

"My lugnuts Require more Torque than your Honda Creates"

just curious: anyone installed or seen the polk db6500 (6.5") in the front?

speaker adapters

just some info for anyone looking to upgrade their front or rear speakers. I found this ebay seller who sells nothing but speaker adapters for all makes/models. he has adapters for most subaru models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1243wt_939

they are guaranteed to fit without hitting the door panel. i can upgrade my front speakers to 6.5" and rear speakers to 5.25"

this is the only place i have found adapters like these, and they will last/fit much better than cutting out MDF wood.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    5.25" dropped right into my rear doors, no modification needed.

6.5" in the front with spacers. (and I have 5x7s in the rear deck)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.