Car audio Poll. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car audio Poll. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; so wait...could i power a component system (woofers and tweeters) with a 2 channel amp? The amp i have is ...

so wait...could i power a component system (woofers and tweeters) with a 2 channel amp?
    The amp i have is 50x4 RMS @ 4 ohms...so i can bridge is to 200x2@4 ohms. Can i control some speakers with that setting? cuz the speakers are rated at 100 RMS @ 4 ohms, and i can just turn down the gains.
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker7821
    so wait...could i power a component system (woofers and tweeters) with a 2 channel amp?
    The amp i have is 50x4 RMS @ 4 ohms...so i can bridge is to 200x2@4 ohms. Can i control some speakers with that setting? cuz the speakers are rated at 100 RMS @ 4 ohms, and i can just turn down the gains.
    Here's a myth that needs to be busted. YOU CANNOT OVERPOWER SPEAKERS. Obviously this must be taken with a grain of salt, so don't respond by telling me that I'm wrong cuz you fried your 25 watt tweeter when you hooked it up to a 2000Watt amp.What matters is not the amount of power going to it, but how much distortion is being fed to the speaker. The more power you have the better off you are. Almost every single blown speaker and sub I deal with was due to abuse, playing distortion at high volumes, and underpower the speaker, thereby passing DC directly to the speaker. The amp should be fine. Which one are you going to use, cuz I still have that P5002.

But let's stay on topic. I want to hear and see what you all have. Any technical info/problem you might need help with, keep on a PM/email basis, as this is getting way off track. Or, start a thread addressing this problem and I'll be glad to post/help there.

So let's see what everyone else has.
    Last edited by ej20fan; 09-29-2004 at 11:48 AM.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

How would i test my amplifier to see whether or not it works.
    I heard something about splicing into my computer power supply and grounding the amp from that, and powering it from that too....
    please give me some detailed instructions as to how to test my amp.
    '03 Aspen white rex

Quick question about frequency response.....
    so i know that the human ear can hear up to like 25khz....but songs dont ever get that high, do they.
    What would you say a good frequency response range woudl be for speakers?
    If i was deciding between speakers with 93dB sensitivity and 60-20,000HZ response
    and speakers with 86 dB sensitivity but 60-32000 HZ response.....which woudl be better.
    I want the best SPL/SQL...i definitly want it to be very loud though. As long as my speakers have fairly good SQL (lot better than stock), I will be happy. I
    which would you reccomend?
    '03 Aspen white rex

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think most music is gonna be playing above 20khz that you need a speaker that can play up to 32khz. I would go with the sspeakers that have the better freq. response rating.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Back to the topic at hand:

Head Unit:
    Alpine CDA 9827 w/15gig iPod on aux port

Amplifiers:
    2x Alpine MRV-T320 (one for sub, one for speakers)

Speakers:
    MB-Quart DSE 216 6.5" front, Nothing rear

Sub:
    JL 10W0

The best setup? No.

Does it make me happy?

That's a nice setup. I'm not a huge fan of JL though, dont know why.....my brother has dual jl w10v2.....or sometin like that.

neways...i've got so far...
    infinity kappa perfect 12d VQ sub
    runnin that on a MTX 401D amp

about to buy/install Focal 125As
    gunna power those with my old as **** rockford fosgate 400 a4

nothin in the rear now...might buy some coaxs from mb quart later.

how bout dat?
    '03 Aspen white rex

my set-up...

Silver Wagon!

Sound Source(s):

Sony MEX-5DI HU
    Sony 10 disc Mp3 Changer

(above equals to at least a week straight of music w/o changing a disc... I don't have that much in there, because I have some non-MP3 CDs in there, but I still haven't changed CDs in like a month... oh plus I have MP3 (stupid Atrac 3) playing capability in the memory stick slot of the HU... but only like four hours more... I usually just have pictures in the memory stick slot!)

Amplification:

JL 500/1
    JL 300/4

Speakerfication:

JL VR 65## (damn forgot numbers... 6.5's with separate tweets) I know not XR's but they were so much bigger and I had enough issues getting the VR's in the doors!

JL 10W7 in the LARGE PORTED JL BOX... LARGE SOUND!

Wizniggity Wiring:

JL 4-channel RCA's
    JL 2-channel RCA's (x2, one for the CD changer)

Monster 4 gauge power wiring.... and 8 gauge remote lead, too??? (I know, I know... it's what fits in the amps!)

Monster speaker wiring! (the kind that is twisted together blue and silver)

Phoenix Gold SICK distro block... with status LED next to my cruise control
    PG power breaker throw switch under hood
    PG battery terminals
    PG & Monster terminals etc, up the ying!
    This wierd thing that hase fuses and a Voltage reader on it! I'll take pics!

Hmmm... Compustar 2wSS remote starter / Alarm... to protect my Sh*t!!!

Oh... two xtreme trunk kits, two xtreme speaker kits, two xtreme door kits, and an xtreme bulk pack (which they sent me an extra sheet in by accident... Yes! )... and a partridge in a pear tree!
    ------------------------------------------
    -Sportwagon '02

Quote Originally Posted by tracker7821
    i've got a sony touch screen deck (I know everyoen says sony sucks, but i love this deck). I've set the deck to blue, it goes perfectly with my gauges, pedals, and soon-to-be blue clock and A/C etc lights...
    I love my sony stuff.... higher end stuff, but no problems, excellent sound! I've heard it's just lower end **** that sucks for car audio! then again I'd kick my own ass if I ever had a sony x-plod amp, sub, or... ****! I like the HU... I'd buy another of the same one in a heartbeat!
    -Sportwagon '02

speaking of ipods......i found this awesome site. www.freeipods.com you get a free 20gig ipod, or one of liek 5 other choices, if you get 5 referrals.
    Basically what you do is you sign up (http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9980941), then complete one of the offers.
    You need a cc#...
    AOL
    Netscape
    Ancestry.com

or somethign else that you dont actually have to pay money for, just have to sign up for a free trial.
    Then simply cancel the trial and you get credit for it!
    '03 Aspen white rex

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Does anyone have pic's of their setup??
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I'm attempting to get hold of a digital camera to take some pictures of my (crappy) set up.
    '03 Aspen white rex

i'll post some pics!

soon!
    -Sportwagon '02

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Does anyone have pic's of their setup??
    http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=19591

Too tired to repost the pics. Besides, I have added the Alpine adapter and the Pod is now in my armrest.

Pics as promised

front console:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front console1.jpg  
    -Sportwagon '02

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.