Upgraded sound system? Upgraded speakers?

This is a discussion on Upgraded sound system? Upgraded speakers? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; My '05 WRX came with the upgrded sound system. It's not bad. My question is...Are the speakers that come with ...

Upgraded sound system? Upgraded speakers?

My '05 WRX came with the upgrded sound system. It's not bad.

My question is...Are the speakers that come with the upgraded sound system, the upgraded speakers that they offer?

I have the sub under the seat. Is it adjustable like some other car models? Some have an adjustment screw to turn up the volume/bass (inside the enclosure).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have the upgraded system I am pretty sure that includes the sub and the speaker upgrade.

The SUb has adjustments on the same exterior side as the plug for the harness. There's volume and gain I think.

WHERE?

I had my flashlight out looking for the gain/volume knob and couldn't find any. I saw the wiring harness, but no knobs. Are they super tiny? The sub seems to be glued to the floor.

The install includes double sided tape to stick it to the floor. They are there. They are black and you would use a phillips screwdriver to adjust them. Do a search I'm sure you'll find some pics of them here.

After multiple searches, I give up.

The amp/sub is really glued to the floor. The way the harness is situated it's impossible to get a screwdriver in there while it's glued to the floor. Oh well, I can always use the volume knob on the dash. I just wanted to see if the power could be improved.

stock HU is complete crap, that's where the poor sounds begins. i got an alpine HU and a 10 inch sub while still using my stock speakers and it sounds much much better.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Using your stock headunit, is like using a VCR and playing it on a 65" High-def TV. The sound will never improve after leaving the source. Start with a radio. Hit me up if you're not sure what to go with, or where to start.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.