Need some input on plan....

This is a discussion on Need some input on plan.... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I decided im gonna make the move to finish a few things on the car. Heres a list of the ...

Need some input on plan....

I decided im gonna make the move to finish a few things on the car.

Heres a list of the few things im gonna do right now to make the car a little more comfortable etc.

1) Dynamat(or similar product) the entire car. Roof, floors, trunk, doors.

2) Replace the OEM boost gauge etc for Defi BF gauges. Oil temp, EGT & Boost. Im gonna wait till next month for the new amber colored ones that match the STI gauge cluster I have.

3) Change the color of the lights on the center console to a red that matches the cluster also.

4) Get an Infinity 10" sub with custom encolsure in the rear corner of the trunk (just past the rear tire well), with an amp etc etc.

5) Grab one of the new Kenwood in dash Nav/DVD units that sits flush with the center console, then run my ipod into the back of it. Im gonna take my IPOD remote that plugs into the top of the ipod, and place it in the position where the STI has the DCCD button to switch from manual to auto mode. Theres an empty slot that fits perfectly flush with the remote. Then run the wires under the console, one to the headunit and the other to the IPOD. This way there are no wires anywhere to be seen.

6) STI brushed steel door sills.

7) STI chrome door handles

8) Dying the carpet for the floor black, to match the STI floormats. Im gonna do this when I pull it all out to do the dynamat.

9) Im gonna ditch my DMS 40mm Gold's, there just to frickin noisy clunk clunk clunk. Im gonna grab a new set of TEIN Flex with EDFC, the ones with the update so no clunk etc. Then get it alligned and corner weighted.

All of this should help to get rid of any extra noises etc, and make it more comfortable. How much dynamat do you think will be needed for this job? Im gonna order off ebay, so I need to know an approx amount needed for the entire car.

If you have any suggestions let me know. Any ideas are welcome.

-John
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Two Bulk Packs if done right. You need to also invest in weather stripping, foam, silicone, and absorbtion pads. I have the Kenwood Nav, PNAV-7015 for sale right now if you're interested. Check my Personals for sale thread.

BTW, can you guys explain this affinity towards Infinity woofers??? I'm not going to start with why I think that it's a poor choice, but am willing to hear why so many people on this forum like infinity subs and speakers in general??? I understand that their components have a plus size woofer cone... anyway, please enlighten me!!??
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    Two Bulk Packs if done right. You need to also invest in weather stripping, foam, silicone, and absorbtion pads. I have the Kenwood Nav, PNAV-7015 for sale right now if you're interested. Check my Personals for sale thread.

BTW, can you guys explain this affinity towards Infinity woofers??? I'm not going to start with why I think that it's a poor choice, but am willing to hear why so many people on this forum like infinity subs and speakers in general??? I understand that their components have a plus size woofer cone... anyway, please enlighten me!!??
    They are a decent price, for quality products. A friend of mine has there 10" and it's all I need, more then enough bass.

Two bulk packs = how many sq feet?

Thanks,

-John

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I'll be glad to sell you a JL W0, the SQ woofer of reference, for less than it costs to buy the infinity.

Bulk packs have 36 sq. ft. I'll double check, but I think that this is accurate.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Raammat is 64 sq ft. for $99. Just my 2 non-sense
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

Originally posted by WRX-games
    Raammat is 64 sq ft. for $99. Just my 2 non-sense
    Will that be enough?

I was also reading about using a material that gets rid of outside sounds etc, that you can put on top of the dynamat. I think I might do this on the floor and firewall plus the trunk.....maybe everywhere.

If I gain 50-70 pounds I don't mind, im an audiophile so I need to do this. And im gonna be adding more power soon along with flywheel and pulley etc which will negate the extra weight im adding. It's worth it.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    no offense bro, but if sounding good is your primary priority, you're in the wrong vehicle. It's possible to make your Suby sound great, but at a price, and it won't hang with, forgive me here, a GTI, AUDI, BENZ, ACURA, or other highly insulated vehicles, in which creature comfort was the number 1 priority rather than performance.

Weighing it down with all the sealant/noise deadner, and the associated costs, might not be worth the trouble. I sell this stuff, and for me to advise against undertaking a task such as this should make you at least reconsider. It can sound very good, not as good as you may like, but still acceptable without weighing down your car, or spending an arm and a leg. Just buy the right equipment, install it properly, do a little sound proofing.

no offense bro, but if sounding good is your primary priority, you're in the wrong vehicle. It's possible to make your Suby sound great, but at a price, and it won't hang with, forgive me here, a GTI, AUDI, BENZ, ACURA, or other highly insulated vehicles, in which creature comfort was the number 1 priority rather than performance.

Weighing it down with all the sealant/noise deadner, and the associated costs, might not be worth the trouble. I sell this stuff, and for me to advise against undertaking a task such as this should make you at least reconsider. It can sound very good, not as good as you may like, but still acceptable without weighing down your car, or spending an arm and a leg. Just buy the right equipment, install it properly, do a little sound proofing.
    None Taken,

I bought the car for performance, and if for an extra 50-70 pounds I can make it a little quieter and improve the sound quality etc then im all for it.

Truthfully, the extra weight is marginal and not much of an issue. Ultimately my plan for the car is to have around 400-450whp that can handle, look good, stop fast, and be comfortable on the inside etc. While at the same time having a car that nobody else has.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    To line the entire car using Dynamat Extreme, very lightweight, easy to install, most effective Dynamat product, you'd need 2 bulk packs of 36 sq feet. I can offer them to you at $135 each. I know that being a Dynamat dealer may not mean anything with this, as it's unlikely to go defective/break, but I can guarantee you that what I'm sending you is the real deal, not a Dynamat box with knock-off product inside. If you're interested let me know. I also don't flat rate shipping, but charge real shipping cost only. I'd also be glad to help, give pointers and advice with your project.

To line the entire car using Dynamat Extreme, very lightweight, easy to install, most effective Dynamat product, you'd need 2 bulk packs of 36 sq feet. I can offer them to you at $135 each. I know that being a Dynamat dealer may not mean anything with this, as it's unlikely to go defective/break, but I can guarantee you that what I'm sending you is the real deal, not a Dynamat box with knock-off product inside. If you're interested let me know. I also don't flat rate shipping, but charge real shipping cost only. I'd also be glad to help, give pointers and advice with your project.
    I actually ordered 64sq feet of Raammat a few days ago on ebay. It's a dutch auction, so I may not win, if this is the case I'll let you know about the dynamat etc. Thanks for the offer and help, I appreciate it.

Also, I may be interested in getting the Kenwood Nav unit you have for sale. Im getting a loan for car stuff, and I think I might just spring for this now so I can get the interior of the car done in one swoop.

I'll let you know as soon as im sure about it.

-John