Factory Subwoofer Instatllation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Factory Subwoofer Instatllation within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Alright, I bought one of the factory subs off ebay a couple of days ago. I just went for it ...

Red face Factory Subwoofer Instatllation

Alright, I bought one of the factory subs off ebay a couple of days ago. I just went for it because it's small, doesn't take up much space, and I don't really care about rattling my bolts loose. I just wanted something more than stock. So today I opened up the package and it came with the sub and the frame to mount the sub under the seat, thats it. I just got the instructions from I just checked out the instructions for installing it. Looking at it, I noticed that there is something that looks like it's a harness. I don't know if it is or not, but all I know is that I definatley didn't get one with my sub. Do I need one or is it back behind the stereo ready to plug in and go? Help.

Regards,
    Corey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey, the factory sub should come with a bracket and the sub plus a harness, the harness will plug directly to the radio and teh stock ardio harness plugs onto the sub harness, you should be able to install whole kit in 5 minutes, PM me if you need more help

Corey sounds like you unknowingly got hosed. Hope you didn't pay too muc for the sub. You can buy the harness at the dealer. You can order it here --> http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/wrx-interior.html

$75 though. After that it appears to be a simple install. Good luck!

Yeah, I got hosed lol... I got the sub for $80, so I'm not too mad about it. I emailed the seller to see if he would be willing to send the harness. But if not I'll have to pick one up. Thanks for the link!

Most who are selling the factory sub use the harness for a new aftermarket sub. $80 is not bad + 75 for the harness. $155 a new one is ~$200 shipped. Maybe he has it for you though.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for him to reply. If he ever does reply... I didn't know that you could use the same harness for an aftermarket sub. Maybe thats why hes holding onto it...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.